X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu

I prefer KDE over Gnome

I'm still not 100% convinced of KDE over Unity, but with the direction Gnome has gone it has dropped drastically on my list, below Xfce.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Kwant

I really appreciate the "tightness" of things like the old gnome panel, menu system, etc., the very tight compiz fusion box, being able to easily put a conky on it, putting gKrellm up for xmms(which is now defunct and xmms2 really not is "down in the guts" as the old xmms was), but.....

I spent a lot of time with Mint, but.... had just moved beyond it all. A personal thing, just me.

At the end of the day I need first and formost a smooth work flow, and also the prettiest it can be without having to constantly fiddle with "eyecandy stuff".

I also run a very simple and basic machine which runs continually, I use old hard drives and have not progressed beyond an Nvidia GeForct 6600 video card.

And, again, I do that to minimize any kind of "problems" in terms of upgrades, etc.

I really do stay with a pretty stock Kubuntu, and really RUN the hol# ho& He@@ out of the "activities".

As to Unity, I really, really tried to like it. I even posted in a few places about how I could "see" the idea about unified interface over multiple platforms. But...I just NEVER got into Unity.

So, yep, I agree, I like Kubuntu!

woodsmoke
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Dec 17, 2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I prefer KDE now. I started out with Gnome, but Gnome 3 and Unity drove me to Kubuntu. There are a lot of cool things, and I have much to learn with KDE. I'm enjoying the integrated desktop environment.
        sigpic

Comment

KDE ,,,,IDK why ,,,just always liked it better sence the 3.x days .

I do however usually add fluxbox as well for those rare occasions when you may nead a backup for whatever reason

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X