This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so wrong and evil in so many ways!

In this enlightened age when the food police are harping about how every male bovine should be sterilized to remove the species from the earth so that we can all enjoy the latest food fad vetegable milk......

This was moved from behind the dairy case door, where it was buried, and was prominently diplayed in the open cooler dairy case:

Chocolate
    Strawberry
    Orange Dream
    Root Beer
    Cotton Candy
    Eggnog
    Mocha
    Additional seasonal flavors

I usually purchase some kind of inexpensive, none of that nasssssssty slimy Kelp agar for me! ....icecream for my calcium, in addition, of course to other sources...

But why buy Butter-Brickle-Caramel-Pistacio-Death by Chocolate..............ICE CREAM when you can

DRINK IT!!

That Cotton Candy flavour is SO that the old woodsmoker almost FAINTED!!

I would bet a pennyfarthing, farthing, penny? that they will soon be SUED by multiple branches of the U.S. government AND the food police!

http://www.memorylanedairy.com/index.php/products

AAAANNNDDD to be fair and balanced:

Why milk is not necessarily the best source of Calcium:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...cium-and-milk/

Harvard's Healthy Eating Plate as opposed to the Guv's My Plate:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...-eating-plate/

IN THE INTERESTS OF SAFETY I MUST HEARTILY RECOMMEND that anyone attempting to partake of this ambrosia have themselves tied to an immovable chair before consumption for the following reasons:

a) a child will immediately tear the fridge door off to get at the remainder.
    b) an adult will immediately tear the fridge door off to get at the remainder and then immediately drive to the store to purcase whatever is in stock.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 21, 2013, 02:24 PM.

It would have to be Lactose free for me, otherwise I wouldn't be able to be in polite company!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

lol

i've never noticed the walls of the forum melting! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Yes, home delivery still exists. I get all my milk, and I use a lot with five grandchildren living with me, from these guys. Milk comes every Tuesday and Friday afternoon.
        http://www.morningfreshdairy.com/

Comment

kewl!
          woodcanremembertheglassbottleswiththecardboardpopi ntopssmoke

Comment

At one time in my life, I got all my milk straight from the cow. Made my butter too. I don't really miss those days. The life of a dairy farmer is not one to be envied.

Comment

yeppers, as a young tadpole I did the "morning milking" of the "three time string" of Jerseys (DeLaval) in walk in stanchions and regular Holsteins (surge) in herringbone walk through. And when the power was out, they were tied up to a fence and we did 'em by hand! not an easy job!

woodsmoke

Comment

I did not mind the milking so much, except for one cow that always waited until I was hooking up the machine to empty her bowels. But I had the last laugh, I ate her.

The part I hated the most was doing the artificial insemination.

Comment

LOL

I could tell a STORY about the training of a "newbie college grad in "agrobusiness"(he had never sat foot on a farm except during college, on ...;REAL insemination with a monster Jersey bull, a small cow and a concrete stand box! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

All of our bulls lived in a liquid nitrogen tank.

Comment

lol
                      woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                        woodcanremembertheglassbottleswiththecardboardpopi ntopssmoke
                        Liar! I've got news for ya boss, I think I'm younger than you and I remember them, BUSTED!

Comment

Allllriggght....
                          I admit it, I'm not older 'n dirt, just older 'n topsoil! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate View Post
                            I did not mind the milking so much, except for one cow that always waited until I was hooking up the machine to empty her bowels. But I had the last laugh, I ate her.
                            Did you return to the barn when it was time to empty your own bowels later? That would have been a rather neat full-circle kind of thing...

Comment

No, I never thought of that. But with my luck, that would have been the time when the inspector showed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X