This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam For Linux

I am looking at Steam for Linux, not really sure what to expect, can I play any of my Windows games such as "Oblivion"?
    Rob

You can only play those games that are able to be run on Linux, and are available via Steam there are about 200+ so far, and more are to come , they say.

Actually, searching for linux games seems to show 473 titles, but again, it has to be available via Steam and ported to Linux.

Apparently my Steam account is 8 years old, and I have never run it under Windows. But all my purchases -Half Life versions, mainly, are readily available (and playable) to me with the native Linux app.

Comment

A lot of the Windows games can be played thru wine. WineHQ has a setup for Oblivion.
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I played Oblvivion through Wine about a year ago. It ran pretty well, bet there were a few bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
          A lot of the Windows games can be played thru wine. WineHQ has a setup for Oblivion.
          Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          I played Oblvivion through Wine about a year ago. It ran pretty well, bet there were a few bugs.
          Thanks, I haven't had much luck with it under wine, since it will only run with Nvidia, I was hoping for something new.
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X