Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A stupid favor to ask someone with a little time and nothing better to do.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stupid favor to ask someone with a little time and nothing better to do.

Okay, I have worked on my wife's computer time and time again, configuring firefox (or any other browser), winblows, and doing anything else to try and get this one thing working right. THIS ONE THING!

.....THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN A TON OF EFFORT FOR ME!. And quite frankly, I feel like an idiot for trying to fix it all this time considering how lame it is.

The issue? ....stupidest dang thing in the fricking world....

This game on PCH.com: http://games.pch.com/token-games/treasure-hunt

It's jerky....

It's slow...

It's just a pain in the butt. I cannot get this game to play smoothly to save my life.

Anyways, I'm thinking it has nothing to do with my wife's computer. Last time I put in a SSD drive to speed up her computer and the game did the same thing. I checked out the flash on another site with another game and it seemed to work perfectly, which leads me to think that this game is basically a POS.

So, I'm hoping someone who's a whole lot smarter than me with this stuff could check it out and either verify my suspicions or tell me how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If nothing else, perhaps you'll enjoy the misery this has given me and chuckle just a bit to yourself at my stubbornness and stupidity.
    Last edited by charles052; Oct 06, 2013, 10:03 PM.

Well, I wouldn't want to add to your misery, but it played fine for me. I'm using SRWare Iron browser (a version of Chromium) on a fully updated 13.04 install. I do have a very fast internet connection and a hosts file that blocks most ads. I don't know what else to look at.

Please Read Me

Comment

Played well on 13.10 with Firefox. I don't have a host file that blocks ads but I do have a very fast internet connection.
      I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Thanks for trying guys.

Comment

Plays fine on my computer (Firefox 24.0 and Flash 11.2.202.310 and see sig'), you didn't say what hardware she has, older hardware has problems keeping up with the demands of modern software/browsers/plugins, etc etc. It's definitely a flash based game, one with rich graphics and sound. The only other thing I can think of is a virus infestation, that will tend to slow a machine down. Chrome is a fast browser but very snoopy, Google (the author) wants to know all your business. You didn't say what version of WinDOHS either, this could something as simple as the wrong GPU (video) driver and flash not liking it, or the other way around.
          Last edited by tek_heretik; Oct 07, 2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
            Plays fine on my computer (Firefox 24.0 and Flash 11.2.202.310 and see sig'), you didn't say what hardware she has, older hardware has problems keeping up with the demands of modern software/browsers/plugins, etc etc. It's definitely a flash based game, one with rich graphics and sound. The only other thing I can think of is a virus infestation, that will tend to slow a machine down. Chrome is a fast browser but very snoopy, Google (the author) wants to know all your business. You didn't say what version of WinDOHS either, this could something as simple as the wrong GPU (video) driver and flash not liking it, or the other way around.
            She's got a 4 year old 17" HP laptop, but it was near top of the line at the time with dual core processor, 4gb of RAM, etc... I just installed an ssd to speed it up a bit and it did a perfect job.

I'm also having the same issue with my computer, it's a dual core, hand built machine with a decent graphics card. I haven't tested out the game since I posted this and frankly, my wife is happy with my conclusion that it's the game itself so I'm not doing anything else to try and fix it unless it's a super easy fix.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi charles

Aside from:

a) dragging the crystals does not work I have to click the crystals
              b) having to click the "to" crystal first then the "from"

it works ok for me, this is on Rarin with a 4200 machine and a 256 GB GeForce

However there is a LOT of busywork going on with animations and adverts, There are several relative large sound files that go after hitting three crystals, Not that many! compared to others,

soooo it may be that PCH has done the thing "on the cheap" compared say to PopCap games so maybe disabling "some" of the "enhancements" of FF that still allow the game to be played might help, dunno.

woodsmoke

Comment

Well then you have me stumped, unless the cooling fan(s) are dirty and/or it's virused. Try it when it's plugged in the wall, the battery could be getting old/weak and it's auto power saving, starving the CPU and GPU.

@Wood...yep, it played the same way for me, which I found weird too.

Comment

I just run it successfully on 13.10 with Firefox 24.0.
                  Firefox has Ghostery, Adblock Plus 2.4 and Flashblock 1.5.17 installed, this means I first get a screen with in the middle an arrow or triangle that I have to click to enable Flash.

My hardware includes an i7-2760QM and a nVidia Quadro 1000M running with the nVidia 319.60 driver.

Comment

BTW: Everyone; I would publicly like to THANK Charles for wasting what has now turned into hours upon hours of my time!

Can anyone beat 3900 yet?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                      BTW: Everyone; I would publicly like to THANK Charles for wasting what has now turned into hours upon hours of my time!

Can anyone beat 3900 yet?
                      Which is why I actively stay away from video games of all kinds. The last game I played was Dukes of Hazzard: Daisy Dukes it Out on Playstation. I stopped playing when I realized I'd spent 3 hours on it and it felt like only 30 minutes.

Unfortunately, I recently broke my streak when my wife found this game for my Samsung Galaxy 3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ilerlee.jewels

Dang that woman!!!!

Comment

Yep!

I STILL play "jeweled" .....

And, my former students are continually promoting a game on Facebook to me and I just have to...

STAY AWAY!!!

woodsmoke

Comment

The breakout2 got me hooked for a time, but with some professional help I was able to remove the vice...then I had some video issues and decided to load that game(addiction) again to see if movements were slow or jerky. It had been updated since I last played it. oh-oh I see trouble brewing again.
                          Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
                          X