Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought facebook has face recognition software?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought facebook has face recognition software?

They've hit a new low... http://o.canada.com/2013/09/17/rehta...dvertisements/

If their face-rec software worked they would have caught this right away, I get the feeling they really don't care, and probably love the press, good or bad.

I haven't noticed those them. I usually don't pay attention to them anyway.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
      I haven't noticed those them. I usually don't pay attention to them anyway.
      The girl in the picture killed herself after she was ganged raped and bullied about it online.

Comment

Was the girl's Facebook profile picture used?

I find this policy disturbing. Do you think they will update this now?

Proposed Updates to our Governing Documents
        August 29, 2013 at 9:22am

Statement of Rights and Responsibilities

As part of this proposed update, we revised our explanation of how things like your name, profile picture and content may be used in connection with ads or commercial content to make it clear that you are granting Facebook permission for this use when you use our services. We are proposing this update as part of a settlement in a court case relating to advertising and we hope this clarification helps you understand how we use your information in this way, so we included an example of how these ads work.
        https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...53167395945301
        sigpic

Comment

At Facebook, as with all other social networking sites, you are not the customer. You are the product.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            At Facebook, as with all other social networking sites, you are not the customer. You are the product.
            Yes. I know. That's why I don't have a Facebook account.

My wife has an account, but her profile page has most of her face blocked by our dog's face, and we don't have all our personal stuff out there.
            sigpic

Comment

The photo recognition stuff is getting kind of scary. My cousin got married last week and put up some big group pictures of all the people who attended. The peoples faces in the photos were really small, but facebook recognized nearly all of them.

Comment

When I realised I was the product @ FB I stopped using the account I tried to delete it but it kept returning. So reading in the OP's link that FB permanently deleted the offending account I'm wondering why mine can't be?

Not only was the account NOT deleted, after placing FB in my ISPs SPAM filter, they kept breaking through (with the same details that are meant to block them) until I advised my ISP if I get one more I will migrate to another ISP. It was done within an hr of the complaint.

Comment

Working...
                X