X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial support for Kubuntu

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/commercial-support

The Kubuntu Community is pleased to announce professional support for Kubuntu.
    If you are a company, organisation or individual who needs the reassurance of a phone number you can call to get help this service is for you.
    Pricing is very competitive and can be purchased in a one off block or a number of hours per month.
    Our support is provided by the Emerge Open office in England.
    Help will be given over telephone, e-mail, Skype, remote desktop login or any other method of your choosing.
    Emerge Open is the commercial partner of the Kubuntu Council to provide this commercial support.
    Enquire or purchase Kubuntu commercial support.
    All profits made by Emerge Open through the provision of Kubuntu support will be contributed directly to the Kubuntu community.
    Press queries to Jonathan Riddell.

Professional support is always great for commercial adoption. Glad to see Kubuntu starting to stand on its own two feet more and more.

I know that it is competitively priced but it still seems quite expensive. Furthermore, there don't tend to be more complete support packages which cater more to commercial entities.

Comment

If I had a small business, yer dang right I'd be running Kubuntu, and yes, I would purchase some support.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
        If I had a small business, yer dang right I'd be running Kubuntu, and yes, I would purchase some support.
        It seems like its set up to be bought only as needed rather than as a monthly or yearly subscription like other services Ive seen. If you have a problem, you can get support by the hour or if you want help doing something major like setting up a network or moving an entire office over to Kubuntu, you can purchase a full day of support. Im curious to see how many people buy this...hopefully Kubuntu sees a good amount of funds from this

Comment

lol kinda hard to tell but that is a ....salamander doing happy dancing feet! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X