This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manjaro/Sabayon

So, I've been using Manjaro linux (KDE) for a while; and I just installed Sabayon alongside it. I don't have much to say about them right now... Has anyone had experience with either of these?
    Registered Linux User 545823

I've used Sabayon. Very nice distro and really great out of the box experience. I think it's a fantastic rolling release distro and you can use it to sort of bootstrap into a Gentoo install. Sabayon is one of those gem distros that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

I can highly recommend that you give Rosa a try. IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL KDE DISTRO. Seriously, it's that beautiful! Just look at it. Unfortunately, they have issues with upstream so your only option is either ROSA or openSUSE with a custom repo to get their awesome features. KLook and their theming is exceptional!

Comment

I concur with Dmeyer, Sabyon really is a beautiful thing to behold.

However, i just couldn't seem to "get into it", same with the forum, they were friendly etc, but....just couldn't seem to get involved.

My fault, not the distros or the people.

woodsmoke

Comment

I can confirm that Manjaro is a very good distro and considering its a rolling release quite stable.

Comment

Manjaro is a little behind Arch in the sense of 'bleeding edge' It seems very stable for though. They have a GUI installer; but also have & support a CLI installer-- it was nice to use cfdisk to partition :-) The have a nice QT package manager too

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2
          Last edited by jpenguin; Sep 07, 2013, 01:46 PM.
          Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
          X