Let us pray.

Hail Kubuntu, full of Plasma,
    I seek Unity only with thee.
    Sophisticated art thou amongst the dumbed-down,
    and heat is the fruit of thy disk-muncher,
    Akonadi.
    Kooky kbuildsycoca4, master of caches,
    beautify for us our desktops,
    now and at the apt-get of our dist-upgrade.
    Kmen.

And now, let us drink.
    Amen and thanks for the drink, lol.

Comment

As much as people bad mouth Ubuntu, I say Ubuntu does good things for Linux and the open source world in general (albeit indirectly). Also, being part of the Ubuntu community (even through subsidiaries like Kubuntu) confers a good benefit on the user (as opposed to just being a Linux user). Hopefully this will continue to be true even after X-MIR/MIR...

But, in the event that things go sideways, I'd have to say Sabayon KDE (just can't manage to properly customize driver installation on a vanilla Gentoo installation... many failed attempts --> either unbootable or bootable with no internet connection), Debian KDE (would have to to Unstable or something... I played the PPA game in Debian before. That's what made me switch to Ubuntu many many years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by texaswriter View Post
        As much as people bad mouth Ubuntu, I say Ubuntu does good things for Linux and the open source world in general (albeit indirectly). Also, being part of the Ubuntu community (even through subsidiaries like Kubuntu) confers a good benefit on the user (as opposed to just being a Linux user). Hopefully this will continue to be true even after X-MIR/MIR...

But, in the event that things go sideways, I'd have to say Sabayon KDE (just can't manage to properly customize driver installation on a vanilla Gentoo installation... many failed attempts --> either unbootable or bootable with no internet connection), Debian KDE (would have to to Unstable or something... I played the PPA game in Debian before. That's what made me switch to Ubuntu many many years ago).
        I have to agree, most Ubuntu based distros feel and look more polished, whereas Debian still feels like band-aids slapped on a bee swarm victim, lol, so it's either (with Debian) ancient and stable or roll the dice current.
        Last edited by tek_heretik; Aug 15, 2013, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X