This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

krapbuntus and the other buntus

All krap. I read about Ubuntu Edge. LOL! The operating systems don't even work with current phones out there. Also, forums are getting hacked and devs are only working on how things look and not with the protocols and how things work.

Really pathetic! I guess people use Windows and Apple for a reason.

I can't change the title. But, after working on trying to connect my smartphone for hours.... I could have posted something worse. :-{
    Last edited by kdeputer; Aug 01, 2013, 12:20 PM.

? ......are you having a problem ..... ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by kdeputer View Post
      The operating systems don't even work with current phones out there.
      Many phone manufacturers have switched to MTP, a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft. Third party implementations have been problematic because the protocol is poorly documented.

Also, forums are getting hacked
      Please read the post-mortem about what happened. It was mostly a social engineering attack, and vBulletin defaults made it easier for the attacker to do bad stuff.

I could have posted something worse.
      Do you have something useful and constructive to offer to the Linux, Ubuntu, or Kubuntu communities?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Many phone manufacturers have switched to MTP, a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft. Third party implementations have been problematic because the protocol is poorly documented.

Do you have something useful and constructive to offer to the Linux, Ubuntu, or Kubuntu communities?
        I recall discussions about MTP protocol going back to 2010 (maybe even before) - noticed during countless google searches. You are right, though, it's a major issue.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...&highlight=HTC

I thought they figured out the NTFS problem long ago. Anyway....

I was kicked off the ubuntu server/channels so live support is gone. I won't be helped here either. You can search my other posts. I do help or try to when I think I can. I think most of my complaints have been legitimate and I was working on the smartphone/MTP issue all day so I was frustrated. I thought blowing off steam is okay and I only did it for a short period of time. I am not a troll nor do I attempt to be one. I think ppl should be able to tell the difference by now.

Well, I will switch to Debian then since there's no more support for me.

P.S. Sorry, for the outbursts. One of my previous posts was helping out with wifi - I have previously had problems with connecting wifi (long ago) so I know how frustrating it can be. So, I tried to be constructive and help. :-/
        Last edited by kdeputer; Aug 01, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

you might observe, elsewhere, that I just posted about MTP myself, the problem is not with "Linux" any flavour of it... it

yet again a proprietary software by Microsith.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
            you might observe, elsewhere, that I just posted about MTP myself, the problem is not with "Linux" any flavour of it... it

yet again a proprietary software by Microsith.

woodsmoke
            I'm glad Microsith is having problems. That company deserves it.

Comment

lol

Microsith is not having "problems" they ARE the problem! lol

the problem is not with Linux, the problem is that Microsith won't provide the code so that "Linux" can at least make an attempt to produce and analog to MTP.

woodsmoke

Comment

We don't even need the code, a proper interface specification would do nicely.
                MTP is so bad, even on Win7, that I now use WebDav to transfer files, first to my provider and then to the other device.

Comment

Wow I thought we would have banned this guy ages ago. He always rants, makes broader very generalized statements and is just full of ****. He really has to conform to our community way or hit the road.

Comment

We are extremely deliberate about taking such action. We run a different kind of forum here. Not only do we allow a wider range of discussion topics, we also exercise our right to ban users in only the rarest of occasions. We want to be known neither as a censor nor as an executioner.

Comment

The OP is temporarily banned. As SR stated, we only permanently ban when a member has grossly stepped outside the bounds of acceptable decorum here. We do, and have, permanently banned members.

We are a different forum from most others. The rather wide range of discussions we permit often come as a surprise (some say shock) to new members, and at times, some established members as well. As Administrators, we are 'on our toes' and if needed, will take "appropriate" action. Some times the action is unilateral. At other times, a consensus is sought before action is taken.
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Myself; I have used the "Ignore" feature of this forum when needed.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                          Some times the action is unilateral. At other times, a consensus is sought before action is taken.
                          Another way to think about this... Sometimes Snowhog acts with reckless abandon, other times we chat amongst ourselves first. BWAHAHAHA

Comment

What do I say to that!? (/me contemplates removing the Pan-Galactic Quordlepleen's planet so /me can relocate my outhouse.)
                            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wait. Let me get my towel first.

OK, bring on your bulldozers ... Trillian will rescue me!

Comment

Working...
                              X