Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the oldest piece of computer hardware you are still using?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
    The problem is they never need new batteries and there is no off switch!
    On/Off switch:

I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Hey! I was looking for that last night. You said you would bring it back...

Comment

Up until recently, a floppy drive, but after the recent case switch over, I left it out, so that leaves a 10 or so years old Brother printer.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
          Up until recently, a floppy drive, but after the recent case switch over, I left it out, so that leaves a 10 or so years old Brother printer.
          I had the same thing here (in fact i still that FDD sitting around unused right now, but the oldest thing I use is a HP Photosmart 7760 that works just fine.(once I have the right packages installed)
          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

My current laptop is 7 years old. I know it's not really 'old' old, but it's impressive that it still (just) works, considering the average lifespan of Mac computers...
            About 5 years ago I had a Powerbook that was over 10 years old, still worked great. It died though.
            Probably the oldest piece of hardware in my house is a tiny little Duo Dock - from the 90s (estimated at 1995? it's not mine, so I don't really know it's history.) A few years ago I actually managed to turn it on, and it was all in black and white, omg. Since then I've tried several times to boot it but sadly, it appears to have died completely. I still hope to be able to boot it again some day, it's just so adorable. It has 10 mb of storage. 10 MB.
            "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

Working...
            X