X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu--best overall

Dear kubuntu,

Just a short note to say how impressed I am with kubuntu 13.04. I am a long time linux user (mostly Mandriva/Mageia). Recently different issues have convinced me to try other distributions. What I have found is that all have their strengths and all have at least one weakness. However, kubuntu seems to be the best overall. There is less tinkering needed and there is a certain feeling of quality about it that is hard to explain. Smooth and predictable (in a positive fashion) are the words that come to mind. Interestingly, it definitely works much better than Netrunner 13.06 on my hardware configuration. The kubuntu developers definitely have a better handle on how far to push the limits of innovation and still maintain a quality distribution.

I have always steered away from kubuntu for several reasons but I hope I can stay with kubuntu awhile. It seems the future for kubuntu will be interesting given the inherent connection to Cananical/Ubuntu and the changes they are considering. I hope kubuntu can maintain its autonomy to produce the best overall KDE distribution while continuing to leverage the benefits of the ubuntu foundation.

Thanks for a superb distribution and many wishes for continued success.

falcon40

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay, and continue to post your questions and feedback here regarding Kubuntu and open source in general.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by falcon40 View Post
      .... I hope I can stay with kubuntu awhile. It seems the future for kubuntu will be interesting given the inherent connection to Cananical/Ubuntu and the changes they are considering. I hope kubuntu can maintain its autonomy to produce the best overall KDE distribution while continuing to leverage the benefits of the ubuntu foundation.
      I've had no trouble staying with Kubuntu for 3.5 years. While Kubuntu is independent of corporate Canonical it is still based on Ubuntu. I suspect that when Kubuntu stays with Wayland it may have to base itself off of a distro that does the same, or become its own base.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X