X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
    /dork-hat.borrow
    True, but we could use the speed increase to actually achieve more in a sixty second minute rather than keeping the steady pace

/dork-hat.passOn
    /dork-hat.takeBack

Isn't that what I just wrote? "process an ever-larger amount of information every cycle" = "achieve more in a sixty second minute"

/dork-hat.guessAgain

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      "...based on our ability to provide a full X compatibility layer." Meaning, IMO, added bloat. :-P Oh how I long for the days when you could obtain a LiveCD .iso of Kubuntu.
      You know we love ya dear Snowhog - but those days are long gone

Besides, when is the last year that a PC / Laptop didn't come with a DVD writer? 2001?
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

My last couple lappys have NO dvd or cd at all! Obviously, they're light weight smallish unit, but still...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          /dork-hat.takeBack

Isn't that what I just wrote? "process an ever-larger amount of information every cycle" = "achieve more in a sixty second minute"

/dork-hat.guessAgain
          /wornout-dork-hat.getItBeforeAnyoneElseHasAChance
          Let's say you have a hammer making machine that makes a hammer every second (60 hammers a minute). One day a hammer making machine inventor from Silicon Alley presents you with two brand new hammer making machines. Both of them are double as fast as your current machine. The first one flashes a blue light for half a second and then makes a hammer in another half a second. Cool, you think...this machine seems to waste some time flashing blue lights every second, but since it is double as fast, you can still get 60 hammers in a minute so you're quite happy...

The second machine that your competitor next door bought doesn't flash blue lights, it just makes a hammer every half seconds, totalling 120 hammers in a minute.
          /dork-hat.youCanPryItFromMyColdDeadHands
          Last edited by kubicle; Jul 01, 2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

/dork-hat-for-the-geographically-confused.forceOn

Silicon Alley? Nobody builds anything the US anymore, especially in New York.

/dork-hat.flush

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Silicon Alley? Nobody builds anything the US anymore, especially in New York.
              /ponderDivingAfterHat()
              They do build the machines...the machines just flash blue and red lights in succession without actually making any hammers.

Comment

That was fun

Comment

Besides, a lot of what to some seems bloat on the disk is never loaded or run simultaneously, the amount of RAM the (KDE) system is occupying has over the last years not really increased.

Comment

Working...
                  X