This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkanoo Bahamas "Teke" heads Fred Storr"

"Teke" is "real" in terms of "original" while "tiki" is "Hawaiian and Polynesian"....... "original".....and then later "made up" for ...Bell Book and Candle and the 1960s television detective show , United States, "Hawaiian Eye" and " Hawaii 5-0".

All of the above "glorified" the "tiki" head that was "current" in the Pacific Islands, and the

Teke head......notice the spelling ...teke not tiki...

was "probably" the "original" "aboriginal" transfer of such carved symbology to "another area".

Fred Storr is recognized as an "authentic" carver of the "original" .............T...E...K...E....style.

Unfortunately .....

since it is not on the agenda of the politically correct hyper we have to promote "ethnic" stuff......there are no images.....

funny that..... the internet cognoscenti is "all about" promoting "local" as opposed to the "big box store / conglomerate evil company"....

and no notice of Fred Storr....

how sad.

"Bahamas 'Junkanoo' "

"Possibly" an analogue to Fred's style: the "round mask"....... teke please notice that the "disambiguation" has as a last link "tiki".

Please notice also this "African" "Congo Republics and Gambon" webpage which refers to "teke".

http://www.zyama.com/teke/pics.htm

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 26, 2013, 09:04 PM. Reason: correcting spellings and links

"I Shot the Sheriff" Calypso Bahamas ... the appearance is typical... of the stage for the bands.

http://youtu.be/mD6LpBIM6WA

woodsmoke

Comment

Fred is, unfortunately, in "ill health".... when he passes, I greatly fear that there is noone to take the mantle.

"La Differance" is not in the posturing of the face but in the colours.

woodsmoke

Comment

You've inspired me Woody. I have now switched to rum as my drink of choice.

Ken.
        Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by lcorken View Post
          You've inspired me Woody. I have now switched to rum as my drink of choice.
          You're rather late, aren't you? *HIC!*

Comment

lol
            woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
            X