This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma City Tornado Pictures

Back in May we had several tornadoes hit the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. On 20 May 2013 an EF5 tornado struck Moore. Then on 31 May 2013 another EF5 went through parts of western Oklahoma City out by El Reno. We also had numerous EF0 and EF1 tornado move through the metro that day.

Some parts of town had no water for 24-28 hours. Other parts of town had no power for six days.

I assisted with disaster relief with the Oklahoma Air National Guard for the Moore tornado. I've never seen such devastation in my life as I did in Moore.

Then with the 31 May storm, an EF0 tornado touched down briefly in our neighborhood, taking out fences and trees.

I've been putting together a collection of pictures of the devastation. As I get time I'll go back and add captions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottyok/sets/

I drove through last month coming back from Austin. Event the small amount of damage that i could view from the highway was heartbreaking.
    woodsmoke

Comment

Wishes for fast recovery.
      Kubuntu 13.10 saucy 3.11.0-12-generic 64bit (el_GR.UTF-8, kde-plasma), Windows 7
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ ‖ RAM 1750 MiB ‖ ALiveNF6P-VSTA
      nVidia C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] [10de:03d0] {nvidia}
      eth0: nVidia MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2)

Comment

Working...
      X