X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu is perfect.

All,

I would just like to address anyone and everyone who is involved in the development and distribution of Kubuntu. I have been long enamored of the idea of leaving Windows behind in favor of an open-source alternative, and Ubuntu has been a long-time contender to be my new primary OS. However, when the Gnome interface morphed into the hideous, non-intutive, ugly UI called "Unity," I thought my love affair with the promise of what Ubuntu could be, once it truly had developed into a full-featured, stable alterative to Windows, was over.

Then Kubuntu entered my life. It's a perfect marriage -- the usability and stability of Ubuntu with the beauty and functionality of the KDE UI. I am now running Kubuntu Saucy on all the workstations in my business network, and I couldn't be happier. Likewise, I recommend the current Kubuntu distro to anyone who is looking for an alternative to bloated, resource-hungry Windows, and will continue to do so.

Keep up the great work, team. I can't say enough good things about Kubuntu to express how much I appreciate it.

Well done.

Thank you very much for the kind words!
    Please do not be a stranger to these friendly forums!
    woodsmoke

Comment

Welcome aboard CAaronL,
      Enjoy
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by CAaronL View Post
        I would just like to address anyone and everyone who is involved in the development and distribution of Kubuntu.
        Most of those directly involved in developing Kubuntu probably won't see your post as developers don't generally visit forums such as this one. However, most of the users here probably do share your view that "Kubuntu is perfect".

Having used all five of the main *buntu variants over the last few weeks I can say that I'm still a happy Kubuntu user although I will always keep Lubuntu on my somewhat under-powered netbook. For me I'm not a Kubuntu user because of the KDE UI but due to the superior KDE SC applications.

I'm glad you found Kubuntu. Many Ubuntu users unhappy with Unity simply left in search of Gnome 2 elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X