This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will not get much sleep tonight :]

Despite the fact that I have to be at work at 4AM, and didn't get home tonight from there until 630 PM, I will probably b e playing with my new-to-me desktop pc. It's an HP 6000 Pro sff, with a core 2 duo 2.8, 2gb ram at the moment (what the heck could I do with the max of 16). It has on-board Intel 4500 graphics.

I'll get to find a low profile video card if the vga graphics are not up to snuff (likely) tho I don't think I can easily upgrade meager power supply.

Now to see if the hard drive I have lying around is any good

I now have a win 7 license, but highly doubt I will ever use it

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    ....(what the heck could I do with the max of 16)....
    My suggestions;
    • Take the Windows 7 and run it in Virtual Box 7 times and call it Windows 49.
    • Install a mess of high end video games and run a ton of apps in the background.
    • Download the SETI program from Berkeley and find aliens.
    • Get Blender 3D and make a full length motion picture.
    • Run a recursive algorithm to find the real meaning of pi.

Sweet dreams... and if not call in sick.

Comment

Call out?? Funny

All I wanted was a basic PC to use as a media center so I can watch my po....,er...movies and TV :eek:

Heck I am happy so far with what I got, best $66 I have spent in a while. And I get to do some small, inexpensive upgrades as I go I could slap a core 2 quad in there if I wanted, but that costs way over my budget
      Last edited by claydoh; May 31, 2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
        [*]Run a recursive algorithm to find the real meaning of pi.

Comment

Jeez, the Math Joke made me laugh (a little). Is there no hope? Once a geek, always a geek? I've been out of math for 26 years (and now have many friends), now 64, and I still get off on this s*. A mathematician in-drag, ad infinitum ...
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Uh, shouldn't that be aerodynamicists in drag?

Comment

or...as the wont may appy....the Bernoulli.brothers ..... tasked with the projected needs of the sewers of Paris.... applied the aerodynamical flow of water to tubes. OR...vice a versa ...and thereby spawned the whole genre of the vampire...

woodwaymanytooconnectionssmoke

Comment

Who cares about the claptrap tho bringing up drag caught my attention, that is all I'll say on that

gus-HP-Compaq-6000-Pro-SFF-PC, as he is now called, plays mah XBMC like a champ, even using a vga connection. My speakers are a bit underpowered, though.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  tho bringing up drag caught my attention, that is all I'll say on that
                  Please...don't stop, do tell!

Comment

Working...
                  X