This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some bug: 1, me: 0

Late last night, a microscopic attacker evaded my perimeter defenses, snuck in through an unknown vulnerability, and launched an all-out denial of service attack. Late this morning, an exfiltration operation began, via multiple ports and at an explosive pace. Recovery procedures have been slow and of minor effectiveness so far. It is unknown at this point whether systems will be fully patched by morning. I shall endeavor to update this bulletin with more detail as events unfold.

Sorry to hear about that - in such detail...

...TMI!

Seriously; bed rest, fluids, Imodium AD, you know the drill.

Get better

Please Read Me

Comment

Some bug: 1, me: 0
      Next up - round 2: FIGHT!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mortal-kombat-monkeys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	640320

Get well soon, Steve!
      sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        Late last night, a microscopic attacker evaded my perimeter defenses, snuck in through an unknown vulnerability, and launched an all-out denial of service attack. Late this morning, an exfiltration operation began, via multiple ports and at an explosive pace. Recovery procedures have been slow and of minor effectiveness so far. It is unknown at this point whether systems will be fully patched by morning. I shall endeavor to update this bulletin with more detail as events unfold.
        Well, if you would STOP using Microsoft OS software, you wouldn't be subject to such!!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The man is already under attack, don't increase his misery by mentioning that name

Comment

I had the same bug last week, or one very closely related. Hang in there, it will pass in a day or two.

Comment

LOL. I actually could have been describing a Windows box!

I am feeling almost better now. This will be a day of recovery. No wind symphony rehearsal tonight, though. Still quite weak. But finally able to eat solid food, first time in 60 hours.

Comment

For the first time in 15+ years, I caught a flu in February, but no stomach issues--it was all in the muscles and head (as are most of my problems in life). Made me crave gourmet Danish pastries! Gained a couple pounds right at the belly, the last thing I needed. Water, more water, fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, homemade soups--immune nutrients--that's the ticket.
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Hmmm, I did think you described a real ddos or something like that... Feeling a bit stupid now.
                  Get well soon.

Comment

I don't get the flu that often, but when I do, I down a good portion of Crystal Head Vodka. You will feel better by morning or you're dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X