This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu is useless if you cannot upgrade

How on earth do you use a distro if you cannot upgrade it? You're supposed to re-install each new version?

ok
    you have not provided ANY....."specifics".....

If I............personally............had not interacted with the hardware of my physical plant I would probably have many HOURS of "upgrade"...if I tried to "upgrade".

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY...."upgrade"......

it is "common forum etiquette"....to provide as some small modicum of information about...

YOUR PARTICULAR SYSTEM....

otherwise we , the forum....are left somewhat in the dark....

moderators...please delete this post at your discretion if you think that i have use aspersive terms...

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by kdeputer View Post
      How on earth do you use a distro if you cannot upgrade it? You're supposed to re-install each new version?
      Assuming you want to upgrade from 12.04 to 12.10, see Kubuntu 12.10 is Released
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What on earth are you going on about? of course you can upgrade kubuntu to new versions as they come out. My wifes PC been has upgraded from 11.04 - 11.10 - 12.04

I have another buntu based distro (mythbuntu) that has been upgraded from every release since 9.04

Comment

Uh no, you're supposed to ask for help on how to accomplish something, not just flame.

Besides, AFAIK no one is forcing you to use Kubuntu. Good luck with your next distro, or better yet - Windows.

Please Read Me

Comment

I'm assuming your on 12.04 to upgrade go to Muon Package Manager, Settings,Configure software sources.Updates.Release Upgrade

Comment

I just upgraded my netbook from 12.10 to 13.04 with no problems
              Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

Kubuntu is useless if you cannot upgrade

Spot on my man

That's one of the many things making Kubuntu so nice, the easy way of upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by Batty View Post
                  I just upgraded my netbook from 12.10 to 13.04 with no problems
                  I had some initial problems but seemed to fix it. If it matters, I described the 'solution' based on help Steve gave and sithlord's instructions/contributions in another thread.

Comment

Kdeputer, don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your posts, you sound like my dad. He wants everything and everyone perfect too. Sadly I failed to achieve his level of perfection. But yes every two years I do a complete wipe and install of the Kubuntu OS. I spoke about my procedure here on another topic. This assures me that I have all my stuff I want to keep and no garbage hang around in some unknown and unused place for years to come. I wish the best on all your matters and advise a bit more composure when dealing with people on the internet. Use this as sort of a mantra, "Nothing works right. Relationships don't work right. People don't work right. People make machines, so why should machines be perfect?".

Comment

Working...
                    X