This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New media player in archives for 13.04

Just been reading what will be available for 13.04 and found that a new media player called tomahawk will be available in the archives. It states and I quote
    "Tomahawk

Available in the archives is Tomahawk, a new music player which makes it easy to share your music with your friends over IM."
    What if you haven't got any friends?
    Last edited by Guest; Apr 16, 2013, 03:30 PM. Reason: added url to 13.04 wiki page

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
    What if you haven't got any friends?
    It will still work as a traditional media player. BTW it's been around for awhile now. The project was originally announced at Camp KDE 2010. I like it alot. Pulls from Youtube, LastFM, and other online sources if you don't have the desired track(s) locally.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

From the player's home page...

Tomahawk is a music player that fundamentally changes the way music is consumed and shared. It decouples the name of the song from the source it was shared from - and fulfills the request using all of your available sources. This creates a universal translation layer across music repositories, streaming services and geographic territories.
      Man, that is some true blue IT marketing word salad there. I recognize it because I have to read this kind of stuff all.the.time for work!

Comment

looks nice , and it will search up and display anything I type in the search bar ,,,,,,but will not play any but local tracks ?

and I did not see a "youtube" setting anywhere.

on a side note I see minitube is working again

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

IIRC no "resolvers" are enabled by default, including Youtube. They all have to be enabled via the app's settings.
          Last edited by dequire; Apr 18, 2013, 12:00 AM. Reason: Left out an important word
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
            IIRC no "resolvers" are enabled by default, including Youtube. They all have to be enabled via the app's settings.
            right I enabled all the free (no account needed ones ) but did not see a youtube one .......will go look again.

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

nope no youtube resolver .

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

Hi Vinny. I know there is one. No time to check it thoroughly now but maybe reading over at the Tomahawk Forums would get things kick-started for you.

http://forum.tomahawk-player.org/sea...e&fid%5B0%5D=8
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

ya their is one ,,,,,,you must install it as an extra from hear https://github.com/tomahawk-player/tomahawk-resolvers that is DL the .zip >extract it> then open the resolver settings in tomahawk and install from file .

it still is not working for me however ,,,,,,,of course I am not doing something right I am sure

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                  X