X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a Monday morning, I add a grumpy old man comment to a Launchpad bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1169238

Mine is #5.

Speaking as a true card-carrying KDE fanboi, I want a setting that lets me choose either clockwise or counter-clockwise swirling

(Tangential) Yeah, I love to tweak settings. Damn those meth-heads for taking the label 'tweaker' and turning it into something bad!
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I actually had a novelty wall clock once that ran backwards. It was amusing. Had it mounted over the bar.

Comment

I read what you wrote there over on LP and, as a strong left-handed person, I agree with you there. It should not matter whether you are leftie or rightie.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

What a stupid thing to file a bug report on. Fer' Chrests Sake, get over it..

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
            I read what you wrote there over on LP and, as a strong left-handed person, I agree with you there. It should not matter whether you are leftie or rightie.
            A southpaw just chimed in with comment #17.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              +1 You are correct! More Mondays please!

b.r

Jonas
              ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
              Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
              Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
              Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
              - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
              >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Hey Steve, I see you've got yourself a mention at OMG!Ubuntu!

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/04/c...tu-logo-button
                sigpic
                "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                  +1 You are correct! More Mondays please!

b.r

Jonas
                  Oh Please! Once a week is enough!
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
                    Hey Steve, I see you've got yourself a mention at OMG!Ubuntu!
                    What amazes me is the number of people who actually think this matters. Sheesh.

Every day, it seems, I have to remind myself that only half the people are dumber than average.

Comment

"Lipstick on a pig" comes to mind .... maybe for Unity users this matters.

Comment

the 'median' ...
                        (I know you know ;-) Special cases where mean = median, and so on ... )
                        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Glorious response. Unfortunately no matter how correct it is, many people will still have an issue with this.

Originally posted by HalationEffect
                          Speaking as a true card-carrying KDE fanboi, I want a setting that lets me choose either clockwise or counter-clockwise swirling
                          Unity means no user configurability therefore less options = better. Admittedly I have opened up Plymouth. KSplash and Grub2 themes before to change backgrounds, animations or any host of options just for the sake of having the most consistent desktop experience from boot-up till shutdown.
                          Solution = Make it pulse instead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
                            Glorious response. Unfortunately no matter how correct it is, many people will still have an issue with this.
                            Go read the comments on OMG!Ubuntu. Some guy even claims it's "wired into our DNA."

Comment

Go read the comments on OMG!Ubuntu. Some guy even claims it's "wired into our DNA."
                              Some guy always claims something, doesn't mean its even worth noticing. A great example is Fred Phelps, he claims many things, doesn't mean he's right about any of them. If you want some serious bull**** read the comments on Phoronix. Phoronix comments generally come in three forms: idiotic, highly intelligent, Stallman worshiping crap. There is this one user funkStar or something who would rather see the world use rocks for computing than see KDE exist for another day.

Comment

Working...
                              X