• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can your terminal emulator do this?

Introducing Terminology from the Enlightenment window manager

Terminology is really nice.

Comment

Wow. I wonder if Konsole will adopt some of those ideas. It might not be too difficult if they could use KLook for the quick viewing.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty amazing!
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Damn, that's nice. I'd love a .deb, or even better, a PPA for that!
          sigpic
          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I really like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
              Damn, that's nice. I'd love a .deb, or even better, a PPA for that!
              ppa:efl/trunk however I have not been able to get it to do all those cool things as yet ,,,,, but I haven't spent much time trying yet either

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                ppa:efl/trunk however I have not been able to get it to do all those cool things as yet ,,,,, but I haven't spent much time trying yet either

VINNY
                Turns out those packages are a little out of date, there are newer packages at ppa:hannes-janetzek/enlightenment-svn which have the cool features shown in the video.

I had to remove all of the packages that I had installed from ppa:efl/trunk, and then install terminology again from the other PPA, and now I'm having fun with my new terminal
                Last edited by HalationEffect; Apr 14, 2013, 04:08 PM.
                sigpic
                "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
                -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Turns out those packages are a little out of date, there are newer packages at ppa:hannes-janetzek/enlightenment-svn which have the cool features shown in the video.

I had to remove all of the packages that I had installed from ppa:efl/trunk, and then install terminology again from the other PPA, and now I'm having fun with my new terminal
                  OK ,,,,,,,thank you for the info ,,,,,,,am in the process of following your lead

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

he he ,,,,,,,this is going to be hours of fun ,,,,,,

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

OMG this thing is so fun ,,,,,,,,,

hear we have a .mp4 playing on the top left with typop , a .jpg being previewed under the .mp4 by clicking the thumb in the terminology window and Krunner getting ready to launch a new one

in this one the background of the top left terminology window is the same .mp4 with tybg and top keeping an eye on things

Aaaaaa yes hours of fun ..............

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

It's pretty impressive - it's like the terminal is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

You know what would really be sweet? Combine Terminology with Yakuake.
                        sigpic
                        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

O ya ,,,,,,,,, I like yakuake as well

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

It's pretty impressive - it's like the terminal is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to do something like this if we just used KLook, QML and the Konsole KPart. It's all really cool, but I still think Dolphin with its built in terminal is better since I have a superior feautre set available.

KLook + Dolphin + mini-terminal (F4) = file manager synced with terminal, previews, quick access to programs and more power.

Comment

Working...
                            X