Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bwahahahaha. Someone needs a dose of kool-aid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bwahahahaha. Someone needs a dose of kool-aid.

Looky! Microsoft will help you fix up coding errors on your web pages:

http://www.modern.ie/report

How does the IE home page fare?

http://www.modern.ie/report#http://w...er/download-ie

IE10 still sucks so badly that MSFT have to resort to making a tool designed to help you butcher your well coded website to work with their browser.

MSFT can say what they want, show whatever benchmarks they want but it won't change the fact that trident is crap. Geeko is a bloated beast but its still quick and powerful. Trident quite literally has nothing going for it. I remember messing about on a custom website my friend built from scratch (project therefore no wordpress etc.) Open on Rekonq, Chrome, Firefox, Opera? Beautiful web page. The only two browsers that kicked up formatting issues? Konqueror using the deprecated KHTMl which became webkit and IE. IE10 is still a mess though its a huge leap forward to any other version.

Comment

Opera-Next still has issues with a few sites even pieces of Ebay. But for the most part its still my daily browser. Still use XP and IE6 at work of course it frequently freezes in the middle of flash based training sessions ect... Probably not entirely IE's fault but its easy to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
        IE10 still sucks so badly that MSFT have to resort to making a tool designed to help you butcher your well coded website to work with their browser.

MSFT can say what they want, show whatever benchmarks they want but it won't change the fact that trident is crap. Geeko is a bloated beast but its still quick and powerful. Trident quite literally has nothing going for it. I remember messing about on a custom website my friend built from scratch (project therefore no wordpress etc.) Open on Rekonq, Chrome, Firefox, Opera? Beautiful web page. The only two browsers that kicked up formatting issues? Konqueror using the deprecated KHTMl which became webkit and IE. IE10 is still a mess though its a huge leap forward to any other version.
        Konqueror can easily set up to use Webkit instead of the old Khtml. Then, it's a great alternativ browser. I always use it when Firefox has problems with some site. It also scores 100/100 at the Acid3 test, unlike the Internet Exploder garbage.
        Kubuntu Raring Ringtail x64 w/ Kde 4.10.5

Multimedia packages for Kubuntu x64 (x264 10bit, mplayer2, Aegisub etc.)
        http://erokawaii.org/?page_id=5181

My stuff on kde-look.org
        http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...ction=contents

Comment

Originally posted by Shimapan View Post
          Konqueror can easily set up to use Webkit instead of the old Khtml. Then, it's a great alternativ browser. I always use it when Firefox has problems with some site. It also scores 100/100 at the Acid3 test, unlike the Internet Exploder garbage.
          I know but then you might as well use Rekonq.

Comment

What is that, Steve, an example of choking on one's own medicine?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by sixonetonoffun View Post
              Opera-Next still has issues with a few sites even pieces of Ebay. But for the most part its still my daily browser. Still use XP and IE6 at work of course it frequently freezes in the middle of flash based training sessions ect... Probably not entirely IE's fault but its easy to blame.
              I expect that will change when Opera drops the Presto rendering engine in favour of WebKit.
              sigpic
              "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
              -- Douglas Adams

Comment

How do they even dare to build some sort of test tool.. WHO they think they are? They tried to choke everything with their idiotic "standards" (someone remembers how and why netscape died? I do. ) and normally they failed..
                I don't know anyone who uses IE crap on a daily basis. IE is good only for one thing. It can open google.com and it will let you download your favorite, normal, browser of your choice. That's the purpose of the blue E - sh**.

Anyway. ..
                Geeko is a bloated beast but its still quick and powerful.
                Can You tell me what's that much bloated in Gecko?
                Firefox, Seamonkey.. doesn't matter. Where's the bloat there if we think about those without bunch of unnecessary extensions?
                I agree it is a beast, though. But, bloat? I wouldn't say so. Chrome is very good example of bloated-beast.

For instance, chrome is fast, responsive.... supports plenty of css level3 features etc. ... BUT.. you just CAN't view webpage in a plain html .. without css if You want to. You need to do a little harder than just to reveal such quite handy option, and if You develop web and similar, that's pretty much handy thing to have by two or three simple moves. Opera and Firefox don't have problems concerning that. View > Page Style > No Style.. and there you are. And in chrome? How to do that?

" - Hey, I want to go to bed now and I want to take my dress off before I jump in.
                " - NO! You can't. NOt allowed! Sleep with your wares on and shut the f* up.
                "If women are able to fake orgasm, we are than able to fake the whole relationship."

Comment

Working...
                X