This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose Manuel View Post
    PD: If you are looking for a great distribution based on Arch Linux with KDE, I can also recommend Chakra Linux is really excellent and works very well.-
    I never got along with Chakra, some nice ideas in generally, but I hate their management of gnome packages.

I really like the idea of self contained bundles like they do with the gnome packages, but I think they should do that for all programs or no programs, I don't see the point in only doing it for gnome packages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
      thanks for sharing, looks really good.

What DE did you run? I'm kind of looking for a rolling distro, with KDE. I really would like a light weight DE (to put all resources to render 3D) but my KDE-love kind of keeps me to KDE. I've tried Debian but I really didn't like how it played (used the stable but it felt like going back 2 years of KDE development). Manjaro seem like it could be the one, many reviews gives it thumbs up.

I saw this video review

again thanks for sharing - when I get the time, I'll defo give this a try.

b.r

Jonas
      I too was looking for a lightweight desktop for an aging pc and was why I choose Manjaro Linux. Am using XFCE as the desktop which I find to be (in my opinion) the best lightweight desktop environment around. Of course, LXDE, Razor-qt, Enlightment are also very good.

Comment

Working...
      X