Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone living in the enviorns of Austin TX?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone living in the enviorns of Austin TX?

I have been invited to give a presentation on my teaching methods at a national convention in Austin TX during May 2013.

If anyone living in the general environs would care to get together with the old woodsmoker to polish a bar with his or her elbows, or meet at a coffee house, or even spend more than a half hour eating dinner! lol, please communicate with me.

And, if you do not wish to tarnish your reputation with the old groaners of Linux you can do that privately! lol

And yes, the first..... drink is on me! lol

woodsmoke

Edited for spelling original post from phone
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 17, 2013, 05:43 PM.

Smoke, I was in Austin in 2011 for a bit (kid graduating Air Force basic). The "River Walk" area is very nice and a must see. Great place to stroll and look at the tourists. But, if you want real good food and a real good beer at regular prices, check out "The Friendly Spot." It's just outside of downtown in basically a neighborhood lot. All outdoor seating. Just lot's of folks just hanging out with their families and relaxing. Check it out!

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi oshunluver

Thanks for the tip! My former wife and I went there to do the RiverWalk thing many years ago, after the Dabney Coleman movie and Spykids! lol, but it was kind of a "one shot" in and out thing, went to Alamo and Texas Battleship that kind of thing.

This time I'll either drive or fly and rent a car and do more sightseeing, probably stay a week or so after the conference and just tool around some..so I will DEFINITELY do that!

thanks again!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X