This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML5 test ,,,,please coment :)

ok so I just wanted to see if this was possible for the home enthusiast it will/should be available for viewing the rest of the night without interruption and probably all day tomorrow as well .

please comment on whether you all can see it or not , it's just one of my old .avi screen casts of my 12.04 scrolling wallpaper that I converted to .webm and put up through a VARY simple and plane index.html file hosted on apache2 on my laptop :cool:

let me know what ya think http://209.102.243.176/html5test/

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

"...please comment on whether you all can see it or not..."

Yes, perfectly. I have no idea what you are talking about (the technicals), except having scanned HTML5 at Wikipedia real quick ... but, yes, your desktop [video] comes through real clear.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      "...please comment on whether you all can see it or not..."

Yes, perfectly. I have no idea what you are talking about (the technicals), except having scanned HTML5 at Wikipedia real quick ... but, yes, your desktop [video] comes through real clear.
      cool ,,,,, I wasn't sure if it was getting out (or actually if you all could get in)past my router or not , I did ford the port 80 but wanted to be sure .
      HTML5 is the new web standard and among other things has the capability of getting video out on a web page without the knead of flash player if the browser viewing it supports it .

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

working good in my Firefox 18
        Linux User #454271

Comment

Originally posted by notabug View Post
          working good in my Firefox 18

@hear it seems to work in Konqueror and Rekonq as well but I did not know if that was because it was a local file and on the home LAN .... but I dont think that would matter sence it's being accessed through the index.html code .

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

Worked fine for me in Firefox & rekonq (64 bit)

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
              Worked fine for me in Firefox & rekonq (64 bit)
              cool thanks for checking ........I am surprised that it is working well for everyone so far as I have the cheapest Internet package that I could get and the upload bandwidth is only around 20 kb/s ,,,,,,,,,,,, however the file size of the .webm vid is only 1.3MiB wile the original .avi is 460.4MiB
              again thanks to all that have tested for me

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

Played fine here on chromium. Also, I don't think html5 is a web standard yet, it is still a draft as far as I know (just all the major web browsers have implemented it already , visit http://html5test.com/ to see how compliant your browser is)

And you have to love how well IE does at them: http://html5test.com/results/desktop.html
                Last edited by james147; Jan 12, 2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Works for me in every browser that can handle WebM. (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, not in IE and Safari)
                  The worst thing about IE is not even how they do at the moment. The worst thing is Microsoft NEVER updates its browser, or repairs bugs. (Except for security.) Every browser has bugs, so every bug in IE 10 is here to stay for years and years. It blocks the use of new things, even if every other browser is able to use them, because so many people use this pseudo-browser.
                  Because of not updating their rendering machine, every IE is a pain in the you-know-where. If they would only start updating their rendering machine, like every other browser does...

Comment

Vinny: " ... among other things has the capability of getting video out on a web page without the need of flash player if the browser viewing it supports it ..."

Ah, and so the connection to the Flash "support" issue.

Btw, here, Firefox 18.
                    (And 1.5 Mb/s Earthlink DSL -- kinda old!)
                    Last edited by Qqmike; Jan 12, 2013, 07:46 AM. Reason: more info
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

If you use WebM and mp4, video works in every browser that understands <video> (part of html5). Only thing you have to watch out for: mp4 has different codecs, and not every codec works in every browser. It's pretty easy to make a fallback for IE 8 and earlier, using a (free) videoplayer so the mp4 is played through a flashplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
                        Played fine here on chromium. Also, I don't think html5 is a web standard yet, it is still a draft as far as I know (just all the major web browsers have implemented it already , visit http://html5test.com/ to see how compliant your browser is)

And you have to love how well IE does at them: http://html5test.com/results/desktop.html
                        434 plus 9 bonus points here. Vinny's page played perfectly.

Please Read Me

Comment

well thanks all,,,,, I am glad it seems to have worked so well , and on my first attempt {'couse he's a super geek,supper geek ,,,he's supper geekin now } ...... LOL
                          but no view the page source and you will see how supper silly easy it was

this video test was just a curiosity thing I really wanted to know if the apache2 sever was working well , now if I go some ware and am going to want access to some of my files I can just link them to /var/www and can access them from anybody's box anywhere

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Work just fine here. Kubuntu 64-bit, 12.04, Chromium Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678).
                            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

curiously Rekonq got a 298 and Konqueror a 98 on the http://html5test.com/ page.
                              but both will display the vid.

VINNY
                              16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                              X