This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silicone muffin pan. :)

Since there are so many fine folk here who are into food, not necessarily "foodies" but into food and cooking:

Ok, I decided to get one of these for two reasons:
    a) I like to bake and just wanted to try it out.
    b) I thought maybe I could also use it to make jello, ....I know... a leap, but a thought! lol

I spent quite a few hours, not driving specifically, but "stopping by" a variety of stores that sell cookware and could not find hardly any of the devices, let alone the muffin pan, but did finally find one, it was 11 dollars USD.

And now I know why they are so hard to find..

The "problem" with it...is that it is "floppy".... one also has to put it "on" something in the oven, like a cookie sheet or something, so that in, and of itself, is a hassle.

a) it did not work for making jello... the jello sticks. Of course that was not the original intent but...
    b) to get it to work for muffins:

i) I tried it "virgin", after washing, as per the instructions, and the muffins stuck.
    ii) I tried "oil", as per the instructions, but again, they stuck.
    iii) I tried "butter"..my idea, and again they stuck.
    iv) However.... spraying COMPLETELY in the depression with a PAM type olive oil cooking spray, NOT a flour coated one, and it worked just marvy.

HOWEVER, again, since it is "floppy" if one does not remove the muffins, after waiting about twenty minutes for cooling, then you are again, stuck with a floppy thing full of muffins. I put it on a decorative Christmas plastic tray and wrapped it with plastic wrap and it looked quite festive, and did, indeed work.

So... just a thought for all the Linux chefs out there! lol

woodsmoke

I would assume it is "floppy" so you can bend it like an ice-cube tray to extract the muffins without digging and destroying the muffins in the process, just speculating of course.

Edit: Did the instructions say anything about using those ribbed (crimped and wavey) muffin paper cup looking thingys?
    Last edited by tek_heretik; Dec 28, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X