This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerry Anderson R I P

Heard on the news today that the creator of one of my favourite children's tv shows "Thunderbirds" has died. Thunderbirds wasn't the only TV show he created, there was Stingray; Joe 90; Captain Scarlet; Space 1999 and maybe a few more that I can't think of right now. But it was Thunderbirds that was my favourite when I was growing up in the 70's.

F.A.B.

And Four Feather Falls and Supercar.
    Gosh, giving my age away now.

Comment

In the middle of the 70ies I was already over 30. I remember the Thunderbirds in the middle sixties, when they were televised first time and I was freshly in the UK (Kent) as a young Swiss to learn English.
      Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
      I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip the Switch View Post
        And Four Feather Falls and Supercar.
        Gosh, giving my age away now.
        I'd never heard of those shows until I saw clips of them on the news bulletin when his death was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          I'd never heard of those shows until I saw clips of them on the news bulletin when his death was announced.
          I was about 8 when Four Feather Falls was shown, and we had just gotten our first TV.
          This is bringing back all sorts of memories, such as watching Twizzle, the little stretchy boy, yet another Gerry Anderson creation.
          What a man!

Comment

I remember watching Thunderbirds as a kid. Given that it aired in the mid-60's, I was less than 10 at the time. Wow. Memories.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X