Clear All

Today's Weather Forecast (12/21/12)

Take note Saturday is 'empty', yeek, lol. ;-D

Click image for larger version

Name:	DoomsdayWeatherForecast.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	647910

mmm... it's still in the upper teens here in Eastern Nebraska.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My son called to tell me that "JetBrains" was having an "Apocalyptic Sale".
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/111105755000364857683/posts

But, alas, for all you late risers, since the world is still here the sale is over!
      http://www.jetbrains.com/specials/index.jsp

They are offering mostly Windows apps, but that is what the state standardized on when the gov first came into office six years ago. It's cost us Nebraska taxpayers a BUNDLE since then.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 21, 2012, 11:04 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Welcome to day one of the start of the 14th b'ak'tun.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

We're in a new era of peace and harmony now. Nice, ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Bach toon? Sounds like somebody horking up and launching a 'projectile', lol. ;-D

Comment

Theres at least a couple feet of snow on the ground outside my window
              Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Four inches on the ground outside my domicile.

My wife and I watched "2012" last night on cable. It was the movie that really kicked off the Mayan hysteria. I think I spoiled it for her. I pointed out all of the bad science, physical impossibilities, etc...

Interesting movie, but cuddling was more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  14th b'ak'tun looks a lot like the 13th. Actually, if you've seen one b'ak'tun, you've pretty much seen 'em all.

;-)

Comment

"Here a b'ak'tun, there a b'ak'tun, everywhere a b'ak'tun."
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      Four inches on the ground outside my domicile.
                      We have about 4 inches of snow forecast to fall on Oklahoma City Christmas Day, The local meteorologists have been talking about this storm/blizzard/weather event since last week. Back in 2009 on Christmas day we had a record 14 inches. Literally shut the city down, and it was great fun!

Comment

The "great snowfall" of Linux was around 1998, on October 15th. Very early for a snowfall, since the average first frost date is Nov 4th. We had 15" of HEAVY WET snow. It brought down over 50,000 trees in Lincoln and collapsed power lines and several roofs, and shut school down for almost a week while the streets were dug out. Great snow piles, 30 and 40 feet high were in vacant lots and fields in and around the city. Some of them lasted until the next May before they finally melted away. We've had snow falls that were 18" and 24" after that, but the snow was light and fluffy and it melted very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          The "great snowfall" of Linux
                          Do you mean "Lincoln"?

Comment

We just had about 8-10" of snow back on Wednesday. I finally cleared the driveway earlier this afternoon after coming home from work. At least it is sunny here on the 22nd.
                            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
                              Do you mean "Lincoln"?
                              Ya, I did. Thanks for catching that. Just goes to show how much typing is between the autonomic nervous system and the fingers, and not necessarily between the brain and the fingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X