This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Windows 8 'Store' is broken, surprise surprise

Check out the search result for the main facebook app installer, how sad is that?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...-how-to-fix-it

Right now, the only way to search the Windows Store is via Google
    I liked that bit

Comment

Funny, indeed.

The thing I dislike the most about the Windows Store is that you can't "wipe" the mouse to scroll horizontally. You have to use dat tiny scrollbar. How braindamaging is that.
      "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Originally posted by jovin View Post
        The thing I dislike the most about the Windows Store is that you can't "wipe" the mouse to scroll horizontally. You have to use dat tiny scrollbar. How braindamaging is that.
        What a surprise, the interface is not designed for tablets or desktops makes me wonder if the development team even had access to a touch screen before they started to ship the software :S

KDE is better designed for tablets then windows 8... it is quite surprising how bad Microsoft can implement things when they are not just buying up other peoples products.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
          it is quite surprising how bad Microsoft can implement things when they are not just buying up other peoples products.
          Oh God, dude, you crack me up, good one!

Comment

The Windows 8 'store' is broken, surprise surprise
            Fixed the thread title for you

Even though pushing software 'betas' to the market is mandatory these days, some how I do think that M$ isn't too pleased with some Linux dists have a 6 month release cycle, and Apple release a new 'cat' annually(?). M$ can't compete with a 5 year cycle like XP > Vista.

These kind of stories will get more and more common.

b.r & merry x-mas

Jonas
            ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
            Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
            Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
            Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
            - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
            >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yep, just like their commercial song says, "I wanna be...everything at once", referring to the their most schizophrenic OS yet, trying to implement it across all devices, there mistake was not making 2 or 3 versions or at least a way for mouse GUI users to fall back to what they are used to, oh well, typical Microsoft. Those 'live' start screen tiles sucking bandwidth and spewing ads at me would completely turn me off. Happy holidays to you too.

Comment

If a horizontal mouse movement were interpreted as a scroll event, how in the world would you actually be able to move your mouse around?

The store UI works just fine if you swipe with your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                  If a horizontal mouse movement were interpreted as a scroll event, how in the world would you actually be able to move your mouse around?

So does click and drag work?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

Nah. That would be even more stupid lol.
                    What I meant: You click somewhere in the white space and then drag your mouse -> scroll horizontally. There's plenty of space to allow that.
                    I couldn't find the right description and chose "wipe" instead. lol
                    "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

You click somewhere in the white space and then drag your mouse -> scroll horizontally. There's plenty of space to allow that.
                      Click + drag is already defined, too: it's the way you "draw" a rectangle to select multiple objects. Redefining click + drag would just be more confusing.

Scrolling happens in two ways: with finger swipes inside windows or mouse drags on scroll bars. This is consistent for both Metro and "classic." The primary difference is that Metro has a lot more horizontality than classic. But basic UI operations haven't changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X