This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1080p Smartphone anyone?

I guess it will have to happen eventually. Technology keeps moving forward, and the trend to smaller and smaller phones has stalled, with a noticeable trend back toward phones with larger screens.

How about a 1080p smartphone?

My current Galaxy Note (1) has 1280 x 800. The generation 2 Note has 1280 x 720, but is fractionally larger. However, the number of pixels is down, and therefore the usable screen real estate is actually lower than in the Note 1. Imagine a phone with the same definition as a high-end laptop, or a big screen TV. Mobile web sites will become an endangered species.

Does a large screen phone appeal to you?

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
    Does a large screen phone appeal to you?
    Yeah, can't wait!

Comment

Hahahahaha. xD
      "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

You know this guy is just waiting for more inches. 10, probably.

Comment

You suppose he's over-compensating for something?

Probably drives a Corvette too.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, can't wait!
            You'll note that she can hold it easily in one hand, something the pundits complain about.

Frank.

Comment

You'll note that she can hold it easily in one hand, something the pundits complain about.

Frank.
              Can you imagine trying to put that in your pocket? I stopped carrying a "man-bag" in the 80's. I'm not about to start that again! LOL!

Please Read Me

Comment

Can you imagine trying to put that in your pocket?
                For sure! A bluetooth headset would be a better bet for something like that.

As people get more used to the Galaxy Note 1 and 2, the rumored Note 3 should be 'acceptable', even as a phone. I am very interested in getting one. I usually wear a suit, or sports jacket, so I can use the inside jacket pocket for carrying it. A 6.3" phone may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I sure love the big screen of my Note 1. I don't own a tablet, and don't intend to get one, but the screen on my previous Motorola XT860 was pretty tiny for web browsing.

And there is always my bluetooth earpiece....

Frank.

Comment

You'll note that she can hold it easily in one hand
                  Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  Can you imagine trying to put that in your pocket?
                  I've lost track. Are we still discussing tablets?

Comment

I think the term that the press have latched onto is "phablets".

Frank.

Comment

Perphect phor phondling, obviously.

Comment

Does avoid the 'need' for two devices -- with compromises, of course.

My wife wants a small phone, so we got her a tablet so she doesn't have to do her online reading sitting at her desk. I hate tablets as they are such a limited device, but don't like to do online reading at my desk either. Enter the 'phabulous phablet'. Big enough to read from. Small enough for my suit pocket. AND, I don't have to have another device to make phone calls.

Large screen smartphones are not everyone's solution, but I sure like them. And, judging from the sales of the Galaxy Note phones, I'm far from alone.

Frank.

Comment

My Nexus 4 is due to arrive Monday. With that, I'll have the full compliment of current Nexuses. The 10 is ideal for Nook magazines -- the extra inches and pixels really do make a difference. The 7 is my *buntu lab; Unity was useless on it, but I anticipate that the Plasma Active build from Mer will be much better. And the 4 is, simply, my phone.

Comment

What's the Google equivalent slur to "Apple-Tard?"

"Google-Geek" - not the same ring.
                            "Nexus-Nerd" - ditto

Hmmm....

Please Read Me

Comment

Hey, presuming Steve is 5' 10" does that make him a "Nexus 70?"

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X