This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New KDE default wallpaper for KDE4.10

Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere, but thought it worth a punt into Geek News. Thankfully, the old (and pretty boring) default grey striped wall has been replaced with something altogether more funky and modern looking. Sure, it makes no difference to many of us as we just change it straight away anyway, but first impressions count for new users imho, and this will look very nice hanging off a Ringtail!

Here.
    PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Must agree. The old default wallpaper was depressing and boring. Not a very nice first impression.

Comment

New Wallpaper Coming For KDE 4.10 And Kubuntu 13.04
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

You might think to yourself, "well this is nothing, and not really news", but consider how many articles and reviews over the internet and computing press that just present the default views in their screenshots. Many will have seen the grey background and thought to themselves "I don't see why so many people love KDE - it looks so boring here". This does make a small but important difference. Well, it does to me anyway.
        PUNCH IT CHEWIE!

Comment

like it ......O yes , finely something with some feeling

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I agree with everything that has been said here. What I would like to know is will the panel be able to be done in QML like widgets and Kicker in the future. I think we could see some pretty amazing themes if so.

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
              I agree with everything that has been said here. What I would like to know is will the panel be able to be done in QML like widgets and Kicker in the future. I think we could see some pretty amazing themes if so.
              Some widgets are already done in QML, 4.10 will introduce some more written in QML and I think the end goal is to port most of them to QML.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Project View Post
                Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere, but thought it worth a punt into Geek News. Thankfully, the old (and pretty boring) default grey striped wall has been replaced with something altogether more funky and modern looking. Sure, it makes no difference to many of us as we just change it straight away anyway, but first impressions count for new users imho, and this will look very nice hanging off a Ringtail!

Here.
                Good to see that they're finally doing something about this grey abomination that has been plaguing Kde since 4.8.
                As review sites generally only use the default wallpaper, I'm sure that awful grey thing has turned away a good number of people. The first impression is the most important impression, and if it's "Omg, how can it be so horribly ugly," that's not a good thing.

So we finally have a good looking, artful default wallpaper again
                Kubuntu Raring Ringtail x64 w/ Kde 4.10.5

Multimedia packages for Kubuntu x64 (x264 10bit, mplayer2, Aegisub etc.)
                http://erokawaii.org/?page_id=5181

My stuff on kde-look.org
                http://kde-look.org/usermanager/sear...ction=contents

Comment

It definitely looks alot better than the greyish background that is default now. It's much more colorful.
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Isn't there a new default plasma theme coming with textures and stuff for 4.10? I saw a pic of it recently and thought it looked "delicious."

KDE 4.10 is going to be to 4.9 what 4.7 was to 4.6. A respectable and quality improving update. Not as monumental as 4.8 to 4.7 or 4.9 to 4.8 but still a great addition to the KDE family.

Comment

We all have different tastes and KDE can adapt to just about anyone.
                      I agree the new wallpaper is very, for me even pleasantly colourful but I've always found the last grey one with the rays more serious, less playful.
                      And for a first introduction I don't want to give an impression like Win8 formerly known as Metro does.

Comment

Working...
                      X