This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
    Personally, I don't have any problems with Mr Torvalds' position on any of the above issues.
    Same here, I think he is quite the character, actually, I see a lot of myself in him, except the computer scientist/software engineer part, lol. I am just a tinkering schlub. :-/

Comment

I don't judge people by their words but by their actions and so far Linus has acted with integrity and been a force for good in the world. Really, he's an engineer, and he has that kind of no-nonsense abrasiveness I like in engineers.

Comment

I DO agree with him computer related issues. It was just kinda a reminder to myself that no one is perfect. I don't share his "his pro-atheism stance"; but he is free to do as he sees fit

PS-- I think it best not to discus this further, these conversations almost never end well.

BTW-- Way to go, Linux!
        Last edited by jpenguin; Dec 21, 2012, 01:23 PM.
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
          PS-- I think it best not to discus this further, these conversations almost never end well.
          These forums may surprise you... I have seen far... um.. `worst`?... topics talked about on here where no one has fled in tears

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
            These forums may surprise you... I have seen far... um.. `worst`?... topics talked about on here where no one has fled in tears
            That's because we DON'T censure topics and we DO foster respect for other peoples opinions, especially when they disagree with our own, AND, we do NOT allow personal attacks in lieu of logical debate. A civil discussion cannot take place when sides reduce their arguments to mockery of opposing opinions, which seems to be the norm in most "discussions" these days.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X