This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like a Dog Chasing Cars

The intellectual elites will NEVER understand just why it is that they are the guy with the shotgun that ends up on the bank floor.

However, a fourty - two year old mother of three who is ridding herself of an abusive husband and purchases at a horrid, detested of the intellectual elite, "box store" a little doof potatoe battery clock project to demonstrate her EMPOWERED knowledge of SCIENCE....reserved for the INTELLECTUAL ELITE....

knows intuitively......

BUT NOT CONSCIOUSLY.......that....she goes on her way...never knowing....but just going on building those stupid potato clocks...

and the intellectual elite is left.....to RAGE.... against the machine.....

woodfortunatetohavea"commonwoman"inhisclasssmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Dec 11, 2012, 11:39 PM.

(1) I would hope that anyone, regardless of political persuasion, would consider a real-life version of that scene to be repulsive. A mid-level loan officer should always be able to return home to his kids each evening. Other than yet another example of Hans Zimmer wasting compositional talent on such garbage, I'm not sure there's any other point to the video clip.

(2) I am flummoxed by the reference to the potato battery clock. Why would you imagine that knowledge of electron transfer is reserved to some subset of the population, and how in the world is that related to (a) choice of shopping venues and (b) the aforementioned video?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      (1) I would hope that anyone, regardless of political persuasion, would consider a real-life version of that scene to be repulsive. A mid-level loan officer should always be able to return home to his kids each evening. Other than yet another example of Hans Zimmer wasting compositional talent on such garbage, I'm not sure there's any other point to the video clip.

THE MAN WAS NOT A MID LEVEL LOAN OFFICER.....HE WAS AN EMPLOY OF THE ELITES(MAFIA/GANG/WHOEVER)

(2) I am flummoxed by the reference to the potato battery clock. Why would you imagine that knowledge of electron transfer is reserved to some subset of the population, and how in the world is that related to (a) choice of shopping venues and (b) the aforementioned video?
      AGAIN..... you miss the point......

In the venue of the collegiate elites.....only the cognoscenti are supposed to know about "electron transfer".....

I will consider that you, as Steve Riley, really do NOT know what goes on in the elites of college science people.

I have spent the last fifteen years "in and out" of the high end college science faculty ....

"some" of them actually encourage and GRASP FOR....women....to get into the ranks of "high science"...

BUT MOST of the college elites....and this filters down to the "lower" elites.....

SAY................SAY...............

that they are all for "equality" in the "workplace".....but women are relegated to the.....

"intake" classes.......

the classes that are not "important"........

WHAT YOU SAY....is completely correct....

what could knowledge of a simple physical process have to do with ANY of this....

witness the throwing under the bus of a BLACK WOMAN....by the "liberal/elite" about the Bengazi attacks.....[/QUOTE]

For a woman to actually FUNCTION in a male chauvinist dominated elite itellectual environment is almost....

impossible....

the intellectual elites talk a great talk but they then go drink a latte' instead of walking the walk.

woodgratefultobeinthemidwestsmoke

Comment

Just tried to watch the video but a message comes up saying video disabled by request and watch on youtube.

Is it simply a problem with my connection or has someone on these forums disabled this video?

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          Just tried to watch the video but a message comes up saying video disabled by request and watch on youtube.

Is it simply a problem with my connection or has someone on these forums disabled this video?
          It's neither. I see this occasionally, and it means that the Youtube uploader, or the copyright holder (if different), has requested that the clip not be embeddable on other websites.
          sigpic
          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X