Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an influx of new users at Kubuntu Forums?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an influx of new users at Kubuntu Forums?

I am sensing more activity on this site. Is this site and it's contributers equipped to handle a growing user base? I can help a little but my experience level is limited.

Trust me when I say this. This site is in very very capable hands. I'm sure they are on top of it but hey many hands make little work. I think maybe PM an admin or two. They are all really approachable.

Snowhog, SteveRiley, claydoh are three that come to mind. A nice trick is to use the "report" function on a post in a thread to draw moderator/admin attention to it. So just do it to my post although to be fair the admins are very active in this community so they'll see this soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
      I am sensing more activity on this site. Is this site and it's contributers equipped to handle a growing user base? I can help a little but my experience level is limited.
      We desire/hope/anticipate that KFN 'grows' in membership. Be assured, that the existing Administrators are more than adequate to the task of handling the increase of member traffic.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
        Trust me when I say this. This site is in very very capable hands. I'm sure they are on top of it but hey many hands make little work. I think maybe PM an admin or two. They are all really approachable.
        Thank you. We're here to serve, and yes, we strive to be very accessible.

Comment

I'm happy to hear that. Is there a way to tell how much of an increase in activity with regards to new users to this site? Since the advent of Unity and Gnome 3.

Comment

Steam beta brought me to Linux, Unity brought me to here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikev View Post
              Steam beta brought me to Linux, Unity brought me to here.
              How long have you been using Linux? Do you like Kubuntu? Are you having any trouble picking it up?

Comment

I've used it on and off since 2005-ish on a university course. Started with Red Hat and KDE / CDE. Moved on to MEPIS Linux at some point then Ubuntu with GNOME. Always ended up back at Windows.

It's come a long way and Kubuntu 12.04 has been the easiest install yet. Not had to do anywhere near as much tweaking. As for vanilla Ubuntu 12.04 I broke it and hated the lockdown on it anyway.

Comment

Me too, been back and forth but I'm not going anywhere now. Kubuntu is very nice right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X