X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna see a funny picture?

The one at the top of the article...

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...-all-our-fault

Gees! Ya got enough search toolbars in there?
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

lol!
      Been-done-before.
      GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Funny! Tool bars get annoying, I was installing a cleaning program for a firend, the program asked twice to add the same tool bar.

If they day comes that I can't have Linux, having only Windows or OS X, I will throw away my computer.
        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robtygart View Post
          Funny! Tool bars get annoying, I was installing a cleaning program for a firend, the program asked twice to add the same tool bar.

If they day comes that I can't have Linux, having only Windows or OS X, I will throw away my computer.
          What about BSD? (Then again, OSX covers that somewhat)
          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Quiz: although the article purports to be a Windows 8 rant, what version of Windows actually appears in that picture?

Comment

Vista.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Vista.
                Ding, you win!

Comment

Vista really?! I didn't even notice. Well that was kind of lame huh?! The gazillion toolbars are still funny though, I have seen 'average' user machines look like that, then they wonder why they laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, or why Internet Exploder takes an hour to open, phht.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
                    Vista really?! I didn't even notice. Well that was kind of lame huh?! The gazillion toolbars are still funny though, I have seen 'average' user machines look like that, then they wonder why they laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, or why Internet Exploder takes an hour to open, phht.
                    If you think that's funny, try to enable every toolbar available on Office 2003 and earlier, (maybe try it on LO/OO.o and get the same thing). You could barely see the viewing window (I've seen this somewhere, I have never tried it myself)

Comment

Friend uses Vista and I was helping setup a new wireless device. They asked if I could do anything to improve the performance so I looked at it a little. The first thing that hit me was all the toolbars that had been installed in IE mostly by nefarious websites.

They really only have a couple of apps that prevent the switch to Linux but like everyone else its primarily all in one printer drivers and MS Office required by college for her and their school kids. Also a pedigree app for their animals but this I am sure could be replaced with an FOSS app.

Comment

Working...
                      X