This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Woodsmoke?

Woody if your out there come back, all is forgiven!

I'm missing your posts on here.

Just in the last few days I'd been wondering the same thing. Here's hoping Woodie is merely being kept busy by life, and that all is well with him.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Answer: He stated clearly that this was his last post, this long, rambling, unclear, who-knows-what-the-h* post:

The Book of Eli/The distro of Kubuntu
      Thanks for all the fish

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post314185
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Woody, me thinks, is on a self imposed hiatus. He has been popping in since his last post, but has not posted. He is still a member of KFN.

He has been an irritant to some/many/all at one time or another. But KFN is a tolerant forum, and while his commentaries are oft times received as provocative or abrasive, he never took out a knife to cut anyone (that I am aware of). Woody is Woody. I rather enjoy his presence here. His Blog is, in my opinion, amazing. Should he finish the story he has begun, and opts to publish it, even if only as an e-book, I for one would purchase it.

While Woody may have "left the building", the door remains open.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for that Qqmike, I hadn't seen that post of his because I hadn't been paying attention to that particular thread.

Like NickStone, I'll miss seeing him around here.
          sigpic
          "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

To be honest, I think all that kind of political stuff is not appropriate here. There are plenty places to go to vent about politics.

Comment

A valid observation. However, KFN is tolerant, and we established the Community Cafe > Social/Casual Talk forum for the free exchange of (almost) anything. We do our very best to not censor here, especially ideas. Unless the topic/discussion is profane, obscene, or intolerant, it is allowed. Any topic of discussion that doesn't agree with ones views doesn't have to be participated in. Should a discussion turn towards personal attacks, it will be closed by an administrator.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This is a sad development. While I seldom fully agree with commentaries posted with a political or religious bias. They are often informative and at the very least entertaining. At work we have an unwritten rule. Never discuss religion or politics and we'll all get along! Actually I'm sure there is an official policy to back this up but... I'm fairly new to the Management side here. Therefore no citations of policy.

Kfan has always been loose in this regard and frankly refreshing. There are enough business only tech sites out there reflecting the soulless nature of technology. Linux users are often referred to as zealots with an almost religious following. Yet legal and political issues strongly influence our developers choices and direction. So it only makes sense that we touch on these topics.

Troll-bait and Flaming of course should be called out for what they are.

Comment

six: "This is a sad development." What is 'sad' about it? And what is "this"?

"Troll-bait and Flaming of course should be called out for what they are."

... as well as systematic, spewing of voluminous, targeted political blogging.

Sure is nice around here, peaceful, sensible, quiet enough to read the various posts--both Social and Kubuntu-OS related.

The next presidential election is four years away. A nice long time to relax.

That's my opinion. (Nothing personal intended on my end.)
                  An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

That someone who has contributed some:
                    Threads: 615

Has apparently "left the building".

Comment

Working...
                    X