Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple fanboy's brutal Surface review, kinda funny actually...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Ballmer suffers from a very bad case of "verbal diarrhoea".

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      Steve Ballmer suffers from a very bad case of "verbal diarrhoea".
      Somebody doesn't have their spell-check on, lol...diarrhea. But yeah, all along I thought Gates was the anti-Christ, turns out it's creepy ol' Ballmer, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        I just dont see any advantage to having your computer be a giant touch screen. In the video, all the guy was doing was throwing things around a desk top to make it look cool. For presentations, this would be useful, but for home use.....what would you do with it?
        I can think of many small gestures that can change your work flow, for the better or worse I would be very interested to see how the device will change how you work. Thoughtfully the usefulness of the devices can only been see once you have one and have played about with it for a while, as well as how open you are to new ways of interacting with your computer. I could just turn out to be a gimmick, but I hope it will be more then that.

For example, at the moment I have a dual screen (might need two of the devices to get it to cover the screens!) and generally always work on my keyboard, switching to the mouse only sometimes. And when I do I need to find the mouse with my hand, look for the cursor on screen, move it to the location I need it, and then maby click one button, with the leap I could just raise my hand and click the button - far less effort on my part. But then other times I have my mouse in my hand and am clicking on lots of things, then I would probably still use my mouse. So I don't see it as a replacement yet, just an addition.

Comment

What do you need that for though? Do you really want to spend hours standing up swooshing things around with your hands just to browse the internet?
          I probably wouldn't use it all the time but it could be cool and I'm sure it would impress the hell out of people. Also a few nifty gestures like standing up from the computer or sitting down could trigger actions. I just want to do stuff for the sake of doing things, not because I see a practical need.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
            Windows 8 is good for one thing... [to] power a wall.
            Hahahaha! Talk about a reversal. Remember this?

(source)

Looks pretty bleak. I wonder if Windows 8 will do the tablet any better....
            I think, with each passing review of Windows 8 Metro and Ubuntu Unity, we're learning that combining a single user interface paradigm into something that works for tablets and for desktops is a grave mistake. The result is something approximating suckage for both platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
              Somebody doesn't have their spell-check on, lol...diarrhea.
              Somebody has forgotten that US English has spelling differences from British English, or whatever they use in West Yorkshire.
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                Somebody has forgotten that US English has spelling differences from British English, or whatever they use in West Yorkshire.
                Good catch.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diarrhoea?s=t

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                  Wow, I am shocked, my humble apologies. Although, I am a Canuck from Canastan (my joke name for it), and yes, we do still use stuffy snooty British English here. Have to add a 'u' to practically every bloody thing, colour, neighbour, etc etc etc.

Comment

You have bloody neighbors, er, neighbours? I thought that was only a Texas thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                      You have bloody neighbors, er, neighbours? I thought that was only a Texas thing.
                      See, I even say bloody like the British, lol, and no, I didn't hatchet my neighboUrs, but sometimes I think I should, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X