Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple fanboy's brutal Surface review, kinda funny actually...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple fanboy's brutal Surface review, kinda funny actually...

...warning, contains coarse language.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/19/i-g...i-dont-get-it/

Looks pretty bleak. I wonder if Windows 8 will do the tablet any better....

Comment

Who cares Win 8 sucks or not. I'm happy with my Kubuntu laptop and Android phone

Comment

Windows 8 is good for one thing! And it does it better than any other OS in the world by a large margin and that is power a wall. Yes, Windows 8 is my choice operating system for walls. Just give this video a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbS3Z7fYTPo

Absolutely fantastic! I for one would love to do non-linear presentations and have a smart wall. Plus it just looks like a great teaching tool. I am anti-Microsoft but their Office suite is the best and this just compliments it so nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Nayar View Post
          Who cares Win 8 sucks or not. I'm happy with my Kubuntu laptop and Android phone
          I posted the link so people could have a laugh, personally to me, Microsoft is like a bad neighbour one takes great pains to avoid, lol, me included. They are always late to the game and copying everybody else, Zune is a good example of that, I hear that did real well (insert sarcasm), lol. I have a 'droid phone too, and Kubuntu on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
            Windows 8 is good for one thing! And it does it better than any other OS in the world by a large margin and that is power a wall. Yes, Windows 8 is my choice operating system for walls. Just give this video a watch:

Absolutely fantastic! I for one would love to do non-linear presentations and have a smart wall. Plus it just looks like a great teaching tool. I am anti-Microsoft but their Office suite is the best and this just compliments it so nicely.
            The future truly is here

Also:
            https://leapmotion.com/

This one has promise of working in linux

Comment

i hate this video.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
                The future truly is here

Also:
                https://leapmotion.com/

This one has promise of working in linux
                I've seen that before but its still a ways off and 'll reserve judgment till I've had the chance to play with it even if it does look very promising. Linux support would be awesome but they said its on the agenda which might mean years away or a half assed implementation.

I really want that 82" Windows 8 wall. The problem is, to me it would not be a pc. It would be the perfect machine for presentations, teaching, home media applications/ digital content consumption. Like all "Metro devices" I feel it won't be a good production machine, but it would be a nice consumption device. Seriously I would just love giving presentations with that thing or teaching!

Comment

Did you hear what Ballmer said? "Acquiring the company", yet another upstart they are swallowing before they become a threat to them, they have been doing this for years, I am no genius but even I noticed over the years they barely ever come up with an original idea. I could care less what IP they swallow and butcher, which 9 times out of 10 they wind up doing, butcher.

Edit: This is kind of off topic but Ballmer gives me the creeps, if I was a little kid on Halloween and he answered the door, I would run like hell, lmao.
                  Last edited by tek_heretik; Nov 24, 2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I've seen that before but its still a ways off and 'll reserve judgment till I've had the chance to play with it even if it does look very promising. Linux support would be awesome but they said its on the agenda which might mean years away or a half assed implementation.
                    They seems to be hoping for an end of year, early next year release, they are already accepting pre orders. And according to this they claim they have it almost working on linux and hope to have it finished before launch.

Comment

They seems to be hoping for an end of year, early next year release, they are already accepting pre orders. And according to this they claim they have it almost working on linux and hope to have it finished before launch.
                      Yay! I can see some nice uses at home for this. I want to see how it plays out. This combined with Simon leveraging my current home network could give me such a kick ass computer. Seriously! Think Jarvis or Minority report.

Comment

Yay! I can see some nice uses at home for this. I want to see how it plays out. This combined with Simon leveraging my current home network could give me such a kick ass computer. Seriously! Think Jarvis or Minority report.
                        What do you need that for though? Do you really want to spend hours standing up swooshing things around with your hands just to browse the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                          What do you need that for though? Do you really want to spend hours standing up swooshing things around with your hands just to browse the internet?
                          That is why you have it in addition to a keyboard and mouse... it dose not have to be the only way to control your computer or even the main way...

Comment

That is why you have it in addition to a keyboard and mouse... it dose not have to be the only way to control your computer or even the main way...
                            I just dont see any advantage to having your computer be a giant touch screen. In the video, all the guy was doing was throwing things around a desk top to make it look cool. For presentations, this would be useful, but for home use.....what would you do with it?

Comment

I 'need' to have the tactile feeling/response of my hand/fingers on the keyboard, and moving/clicking my mouse. I doubt I could ever get used to using a purely touch screen device for daily use.
                              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                              X