• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
    poorly executed Metro, or is it Modern(?) interface
    You mean the "Windows 8-style UI", they couldn't get the trademark to metro

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      So, it wouldn't bother me in the least that Canonical decided to NOT release daily LiveCD ISOs or even to give the public access to them, if they so choose, especially if that public were inclined, against all advice, to run mission critical apps on them and then complain when they had problems.
      Daily live builds will continue. They are extremely valuable testing tools. In fact, one way that many of us could contribute is to simply grab a day's build -- any day, doesn't matter -- to conduct some testing and report your results.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
        You mean the "Windows 8-style UI", they couldn't get the trademark to metro
        Yeah, but the habit is now ingrained. And it'll become something of a distinguishing mark. If someone utters "Windows 8 style UI," you'll instantly know Redmond cool-aid courses through their veins they're from Microsoft's marketing department. The rest of the world will forever say "Metro."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Yeah, but the habit is now ingrained. And it'll become something of a distinguishing mark. If someone utters "Windows 8 style UI," you'll instantly know Redmond cool-aid courses through their veins they're from Microsoft's marketing department. The rest of the world will forever say "Metro."
          I wonder how much of that was planed by them?... but for that you would have to assume they had any sense of strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
            I wonder how much of that was planed by them?... but for that you would have to assume they had any sense of strategy.
            With respect the particular department we're discussing, that assumption would be misplaced

Comment

Working...
            X