This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney buys Lucas films and 3 more SW movies

Here is an article on the announcement and mention of the new films.

Here is the wikipedia article on the original "universe" Splinter in Mind's Eye"

Here is the wikipedia article on the "original author" Alan Dean Foster.

"Back in the day.....When I was producing games, one of them an RPG, the "word" was that the original "novels" were actually written BY Foster....and submitted to DAW books. I actually was in communication with DAW about them publishing a book for me, but they were not into...."sword and sorcery" at the time, it was a Husband and Wife operation and they did "low end" stuff and had a certain clientele.

The "word" was that Lucas bought the the third book of his nine-ology and then tweaked it to fit what he could do as a film and then things got "confused" when Star Wars went Iridium.

It then somehow ended up at DelRey books, again things were swirling around.

The original novels, of which I had several, are now completely gone except in "underground precincts" in the net.....where people like Sheldon Leonard do NOT go...(referring to the comic book store in BBT). Unfortunately I sold them to collectors and so do not have an actual physical copy from which to work.

SUPPOSEDLY all of the extant copies were "bought up" by LucasFilms so that the "prehistory" can be streamlined and supposedly.... Foster has a VERY nice income... lol

But, since I was not looking backward at the time, this was just the talk at ComicCons and GenCon(at Lake Geneva) etc. I can't prove any of it.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 30, 2012, 06:39 PM.

The most recent three were horrible and I dont think Disney having a hand in the next three is going to make them any better. Why cant we just let things die with dignity?

Comment

I agree completely.

The completely expected shifting of the "overall look" of each film from "stark, metallic, cold, space" to "touchy feely ewocs or whatever the guy that walks with the lope is" becomes .....well.....expected.....

The completely expected variation on the "trench scene" from the first movie to its various incarnations so that they can be turned into one part of a video game becomes... well....expected.

The completely expected variant of Luke swing with Leia over the bottomless pit, in some form or another, again...is...well ..expected...

The music which was GREAT in the first film and then "riffed upon" in the next two became absolutely indistinguishable from each other in the other three films....

As did the music of Star Trek.... after a while it was so "etheric" and filled with "references" to the first three soundtracks that only the most rabid fan that counted the number of walkers would could detect what was going on....

I agree, the films should have been allowed to be a trilogy and let it go at that.

now we will have a nonology...... and the prefix is NON lol

woodsmoke

Comment

just think.... Princess Leia is now a disney princess along with Ariel, Jasmine, belle, snow white, and cinderella.

Comment

I'd love to see a movie made about Boba Fett.

Comment

Working...
          X