This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had to fill my tank twice last month....lol

That is in an advert for one of the new hybrids.

In my physical science class, we are finished with the mechanics section and are now in the electrical section.

One of the things that was in the study guide was to pre-read about "power" and etc.

I had mentioned in the introductory lecture that the advert is misleading because to get the car to go it has to also have electricity at least some time, if it is to travel the same number of miles that were previously travelled.

Well a woman got a text from a friend in California, whom she had visited a month or so ago and the woman had bought a brand new hybrid and was bragging about how it was going to cost her less to drive. The woman in class said something to her to the effect of, "in my physics class" "we talked about momentum, and work and stuff and you still have to move the car so it is going to cost you in electricity...etc."".

The woman went on and on about how no.... and then into a bunch of "stuff" that I won't get into about how this was what "all the scientists and people tell us we can save money with and we need to do it and etc."

Well, the woman in my class got a text yesterday, showed it to me to verify it, and talked about it today.

The woman in CA does everything with "credit cards" so she can have automatically updated costs on a daily basis so she knows EXACTLY what is going on at ALL times....lol

Something might be said about the desire for that and a certain piece of anatomy retaining things...lol

But...it is costing her.....in addition to the PAYMENTS... as of last month.... precisely $80 more than it did the prevsious month.

There was also something about how maybe she should come here and take my class! lol

The class then got into a larger discussion in which, as a group, they came to some "realizations" about how the U.S. public is being sold a bill of goods by a variety of "agenda groups" IN ADDITION to the car companies and the government.

Beware the wrath of an educated.....REALLY educated populace! lol

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Oct 30, 2012, 06:01 PM.

Hey - typical, you are taking all the credit i.e.the 'States'.

Happens here too in the good ole UK you know. It is amazing how many 'agenda groups' get so much air time with their selective statements of fact - meanwhile . . . in the small print!
    Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Comment

lol, I really want to apologize, that I took so much credit for people believing the Kool-Aid here in the U.S.

lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X