This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Steve Riley.....

I think we need some cool updates on your goings on at UDS ;-), hopefully more in depth and exciting than my meager notes from UDS Precise

I wish I was there..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Good idea!

Comment

+1!

Comment

Hah. Well, in another thread I just posted a link to an interview I did with some KDE folks.

It's been a busy week so far, still a day and a half left to go. My brain is getting full. It's been exceptionally cool to meet Kubuntu people in person. Probably the most illuinating aspect for me has been to learn about the intense amount of planning and coordination that goes into creating each Ubuntu release.

I thought about starting a day-to-day thread but schedules change often and sometimes the context of what I learned in an earlier discussion becomes clearer after a follow-on discussion. So instead I'll write a single post-UDS article in which I can synthesize a number of observations.

Comment

Looking forward to read that article!

Comment

+1 there is demand!

Comment

Originally posted by Quintasan View Post
              +1 there is demand!
              We could use some of your thoughts as well, Quintasan!

Comment

Originally posted by Quintasan View Post
                +1 there is demand!
                And he rises from forum slumber, bwahahaha!

Comment

Hi:
                  Do these all mean that we will not have the administrative oversight and excellent technical assistance of Steve in this forum any longer? If so, that means a significant loss to this forum indeed. I hope I am wrong on this.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Marco, no need to worry (and thanks for your compliments). I was invited to UDS because of my work here at KFN, which will indeed continue: I have no desire to stop. In addition, as a member of the Kubuntu team, I volunteered for a number of work assignments in the 13.04 development cycle.
                    Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 03, 2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                      Marco, no need to worry (and thanks for your compliments). I was invited to UDS because of my work here at KFN, which will indeed continue: I have no desire to stop. In addition, as a member of the Kubuntu team, I volunteered for a number of work assignments in the 13.04 development cycle.
                      Thank you! I am glad to hear that. For me personaly, it is a relief. BTW, congratulations for being invited to join UDS.

Comment

Hopefully we will have nice documentation now.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic!

Our gain is Microsoft's loss, and a terrible loss for them it was.
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Oh you guys are making me blush, stop it!

Comment

Working...
                            X