This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux jobs

I'm sure you Linux job professionals know way more about the game than I ever will, but I just rec'd an email pointing at this source (at a neat forum, btw):

http://jobs.linuxquestions.org/
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

One particularly mind-blowing example. Hehehe.

Comment

I'd post just for the halibut that the midwest often has colleges which are advertising for Linux instructors.

My oldest boy is a top tier programmer and he will say without blinking an eye that one cannot "go down" in pay in terms of getting a job later.

In other words, one has to always move up or stay level.

Now, the midwest does not have "as high paying" jobs but the cost of living is very low, and the quality of life is very high.

So, yes, teaching is not a "programming" job and does not provide the "think tank" atmosphere that is conducive to producing bleeding edge programming.

But, teaching gives time for "reflection" and since one is staring at a monitor which is not judgemental, one can "tinker" a lot.

Actually, teachers, and college professors especially, "live very well" in the midwest.

And...one has summers off! to go around shopping the programs one has produced.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X