This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computers controlled by waving your hand

Just found the following article about a development designed to control mobile devices and tablets just by hand gestures.

http://www.zdnet.com/wave-hello-to-t...em-7000005472/

I wonder if it could interpret the type of hand gestures I usually display when using Windows OS?

My fevered imagination conjures up a scenario where a user rubs his eye while operating said interface, and accidentally deletes all his MP3s
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Huh. That isn't the first thing I thought of.

Comment

That sounds like a real pain in the ass. How is it more practical to wave your hands all over the place and remember dozens of gestures than to move your wrist a couple inches and click.

Comment

Two posts are really intriguing here...

Just WHAT IS ....."the hand gesture"..... hmmm ?

And the erasing mp3s is just

woodonthefloorsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
            That sounds like a real pain in the ass.
            Hand gestures in that general vicinity usually are...

Comment

I wonder what if I'd give a certain gesture (you know, the one with that certain finger)
              The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
              X