This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which interface do you like?

As I have both Unity and KDE installed on this laptop I thought I would view Rekonq within both interfaces. Which one do you like?
    Attached Files

Just from a couple of screenshots, I can't say that I dislike Unity's presentation... however, if I was using it, I would simply have to put the minimise, restore/maximise and close buttons back on the right-hand side of the title bar where they belong.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

You have both unity and KDE installed on your laptop!! What the ....

Comment

KDE. Because it suites me.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by serious_lee View Post
          You have both unity and KDE installed on your laptop!! What the ....
          I installed 12.04 from a cover disk that I got from a Linux magazine, however there was no option (that I could see) to install an individual *buntu distro. It installed all the *buntu's (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu) at the same time. I did remove the Xubuntu packages decided to keep Ubuntu and Kubuntu packages and decide later which one to keep and get rid of the other, but I actually like both and can't (yet) decide which one to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            KDE. Because it suites me.
            I didn't actually mean which GUI (desktop) you prefer. I meant looking at the two images of Rekonq which theme / Window manager looks better. I mean does Rekonq look better using QT4 or GTK3.

Comment

I'd say KDE/Qt, since Rekonq is built for it. But, I can say that the Ubuntu devs seem to have done a good job making Qt apps fell at home on Unity.
              The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I think the KDE view looks best.
                Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

I'm not to fond of appmenu so to me the regular desktop setup with standard KDE interface would suit me better. A appmenu on any program that I use, blender, GIMP, krita etc would really make me confused.

b.r

jonas
                  ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                  Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                  Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                  Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                  - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                  >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X