This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRL story on the Apple vs. Samsung case

Found this shared by Diane Cobb on G+. I just love to read the #boycottapple threads on G+

I hadn't thought about it even though it's obvious in a sense. Apple have shot them self in the foot.

source- https://plus.google.com/114476892281...ts/246srfbqg6G

b..r

jonas

Enrique Gutierrez
    25 aug 2012 (redigerad) - Offentligt

I can't make this stuff up

I'm sitting in a Starbucks doing random whatever over an iced americano. While I waiting for my drink, I watched a guy with his friend, pick up a newspaper; and start to remark on the Samsung Apple verdict.

Guy: "Wait, so what they're saying is, Samsung is the same as Apple?"
    Friend: "I know, right? Makes me think twice about how much I paid for my Mac Book"
    Guy: "Seriously"

Not 10 minutes later, a husband and wife, same newspaper:

Husband: "... Samsung's iPad is the same as Apple's iPad, and I paid how much for the Apple one? Honey, I told you they were a ripoff", after looking up the Samsung tablet on his iPhone.
    Wife: "Oh wow," looking at the screen, "... that's a lot cheaper. Think we can return it?"

I put my Samsung QX410 on my table, and started to plug in, when he leans over to me, "Sorry, you don't mind if I ask, how much did you pay for your Samsung laptop?"

"Oh, no worries, it was $700." I replied.

I watched shock overcome his face, like actual shock. He looked at me, blankly, for an awkward amount of time, "Mind if I have a look?" he asked.

So, I obliged, and showed him a few things. He commented on Windows 7, so I opened up my virtual machine of OS/X... By the time the conversation was over, he was ready to kick Cupertino in the nuts, I think.

... Now, the punchline:

I'm writing this post after the FOURTH group of Starbucks patrons have made the connection that Samsung is now the same as Apple. They don't know the details, they don't really care, what they know is Apple is saying that Samsung is the same as Apple ... and with one simple Google Search, you get prices that are basically half for what seems to be the same products -- for nearly everything.

Two of these groups (including the husband/wife) asked me about my Samsung laptop, the second group noticed my Galaxy phone (also by Samsung)... Best billion dollar ad-campaign Samsung ever had.
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

This is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      This is priceless.
      not really ... he paid for windows lol just kidding

honestly I though - what if he'd had a Linux distribution - and imagine the face of the people at the diner when he said "it's free of charge and you wont get any virus'" lol

b.r

Jonas
      ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)

Comment

oh and just caught this one .... seems like Apple is the one PR and money maker for Samsung .... the iRony lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM

b.r

jonas

Comment

Ya when I saw the lawsuite fiasco on my yahoomail. The more i read the moree ridculas the whole thing sound. They sound like a bunch of kids. mine mine mine.... Silly patent wars is all it is. I think apple is becoming stupid from all their greed. lol
          Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Did anyone read the "discussion" and notice al the name calling and derision of the "other OS"?

BTW the Dean of my college had the whole magilla Ipod/pad you name it, but decided several months ago, before the brouhaha to change to Samsung.

And this in a place that is a hotbed of Apple fanbois/goils. (even though all of the college's computers are windoze.).

woodsmoke

Comment

Neat prank!

http://video.repubblica.it/divertime.../106309/104689

Comment

I loved that! That was brilliant! The look on the faces of the people who thought that their Iphone5's were smashed. Priceless

Comment

rofl ... someone will have their a** sued lol

Comment

Working...
                  X