This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Google - Catch 22 issue

I have a Google account. I don't remember my password. No problem, right? Wrong!

I follow the steps for a password reset, which just requires that you identify the email address used when you registered. I did, and clicked the Continue button. But, Google isn't sending me the reset password email!! Okay, no problem, right? Just go over to the Google Forums to ask for assistance. Wrong!

In order to post a question, you have to log in to your Google account!! >

Added:
    The problem was mechanical. There was a problem with the nut connected to the keyboard! All I had to do was allow session cookies for the google domain. That done, I was presented with the 'second' screen of the reset process. I've got my Google account working again.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 23, 2012, 02:20 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Good for you. I just deleted my Gmail account yesterday. I am practically Google free. I use DuckDuckGo for searching, another email account in place of Gmail, I do use Chromium on my Xubuntu desktop machine but have installed the Ghostery extension to block all Ads and things.

Comment

Rule number one of computer nuts.

The nut in front of the computer should always check all nuts at the back of the computer in case of any problem.

One can then get a beer and the beer nuts and relax! lol

wooddidn'tcheckthenutmyselfmanytimessmoke

Comment

Working...
      X