This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY inmates sue for pearly whites

I saw this news item on the BBC this morning which I thought was funny.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19683403

I'm surprised they allow them to use toothbrushes because they can be turned into lethal shanks.

Let's see...
    Free room.
    Free meals, three times a day.
    Free haircut.
    Free clothes.
    Free dental care. (What, they didn't report their cavities to the warden and arrange for a dentist to treat them? Whose fault is that?).
    Free TV.
    Free sex.
    No bills to pay. No worries about losing one's house and being homeless on the streets, getting marginal meals from charities.

Oh, and
    Free legal services, obviously.

What will they want next. Free maid and butler services?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Free sex.
      Free sex? What do they do in US prisons, bus prostitutes in once a month?

Comment

ummmmmm nooooo as to the bussing of prostitutes! lol

But, back in the sixties, the Soviets used to have several very pricey yachts that they sailed around to provide prostitutes for the sailors on their ships, mainly submarines!

Sooo a water version of a bussed in cat house as it were! lol

woodsmoke
        Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 22, 2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Haven't you heard the phrase "You're gonna be somebody's "b**ch"?
          Do you realize what that means?
          It's free whether you want it or not...
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Haven't you heard the phrase "You're gonna be somebody's "b**ch"?
            Do you realize what that means?
            It's free whether you want it or not...
            There was nothing like that in the prison I was in. So what prison were you in that allowed this to happen?

Comment

If you're one of the millions stuck working for a major US corporation paying $8-$11 an hour with shaky benefits, your somebody's b**ch, Wal-Mart's or CVS's or Office Max's or ... The benefit package in prison may be better ...
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by nickstonefan View Post
                There was nothing like that in the prison I was in. So what prison were you in that allowed this to happen?
                I've never been in prison, and apparently U.K. is much higher on the civility scale in their prisons than in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                  If you're one of the millions stuck working for a major US corporation paying $8-$11 an hour with shaky benefits, your somebody's b**ch, Wal-Mart's or CVS's or Office Max's or ... The benefit package in prison may be better ...
                  Walmat folks don't get free and unlimited medical treatment, free legal service, free clothing and food, etc.... I suspect that a lot of people who have hit hard times are using prison for relief by committing minor felonies that give them 1 to 5 yrs. The bad times may not be over in 5 years. Sad.

Comment

Working...
                  X