This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Farnum Mullet to Harry Mudd

I never really understood why it was that Roger C. Carmel was chosen for the part of Harry Mudd in the Star Trek episode: Mudd's Women . Image below left.

Well, I was watching an installment of the relatively new series on ENCSU The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: The Crimson Witness.

And, there was Carmel playing a fellow who took away both the wife and girlfriend of......the character played by Peter Lawford!! Image below right.

I mean...Peter Lawford!? Hunk extraordinaire of the times?

This is probably completely wrong, but I wonder if the inspiration for the Mudd character came from the Hitchcock character.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 PM.

Ah, those were some of my favorite Star Trek episodes. Especially where Spock literally blows that silly android's mind with tortured logic.

Favorite line: "Logic is a little tweeting bird, chirping in a meadow. Logic is wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad." BWAHAHA!
    Last edited by SteveRiley; Sep 22, 2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

True, I was just quoting my favorite line. Edited to reflect that.

Comment

"Everything Harry tells you is a lie – remember that! Everything Harry tells you is a lie!"
        "Now listen to me carefully, Norman laddie; I - am - lying!"
        "You lie, but if everything you say is a lie then you must be telling the truth, but you cannot be telling the truth because everything you say is a lie... you lie, you tell the truth, you– Illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human! Only humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!"
        (mockingly) "I am not programmed to respond in that area..."
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X