This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medicare/medicaid getting a problem fixed

This post is for people who are soon approaching medicare/medicaid age.

I enrolled a few years ago and, due to changing circumstances, I now have a new "secondary provider" while medicare/medicaid is primary provider.

Since I very seldom get sick, I kind of forget about having "physicals".

So, I had one a few weeks ago, first since going to the new secondary provider....

and payment was turned down by medicare/medicaid.

The cut to the chase.

Forgetting all of the badmouthing of Obama and, previously Bush; the "system" itself, really IS being improved and in a very noticeable manner.

If you have all your information ready to go, it may be TEDIOUS, but getting a problem fixed seems to be a relatively seamless exercise.

To restate.

This started under Bush, and has been at least kept going, or even accelerated, under Obama.

When I found out what I needed to do from the hospital, that the "medications" were being paid for, but the "bloodwork" and "doctor visit" were not, and that I had to get all the parts of medicare/medicade on the same page, I then made that attempt today.

It took about three total hours on the phone and most of the day, starting at 8 a.m. and ending just a while ago.

I sat down with:

a) my social security card
    b) my secondary provider information
    c) the 800 number for medicare/medicaid
    d) a cuppa joe and a whole grain breakfast bar, or some other such
    e) paper and pencil

I really recommend using a cell phone so you can lay it on the table because you will

a) have to listen to quite a few "very pleasant" computer generated voices asking questions and giving instructions.
    b) have to enter a LOT of numbers, and sometimes "speak" the numbers.

At one time, the screen was covered, left to right, completely, by numbers.

You will HAVE to get all the numbers correct and in order, and in the right part of the system.

If you mess up, you will, very probably, just be kicked out of the system and have to re-do the whole TEDIOUS procedure over again.

But.....when you FINALLY get to a person.

That person then has all of your information in front of them, and I could tell by the way the person was talking.... a LOT MORE information, such as, in my case, the information about the secondary provider.

And, since part of the system was correct, the medications part, but the "other part" of the system was wrong, the secondary provider was, for some reason, listed as a primary provider, the person on the phone then just "took care of it".

End of story.

So, Obama and Bush are being badmouthed by all and sundry, from the opposite sides, but...

Both of them really did set in motion and is continuing that motion to get the "system" to where it is responsive to people like you and me.

But, remember.

a) keep calm
    b) have coffee and something upon which to munch available for quite a time while you are on the phone
    c) have all your information available
    d) and paper and pencil to quickly, and neatly, and in order, jot down phone numbers or extension numbers that may be given to you by someone that is one part of the system and needs to send you elsewhere.

In several places the system even offered to call me back in..... ten minutes and thirty seconds! and in order of entering the system, but I elected to stay on the phone.

So...for all you folks in the verge of being older 'n dirt.....

The system is being improved!

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 21, 2012, 04:24 PM.

Glad to hear it, that's excellent.

Comment

The American medical system, despite any improvements which you have noticed woodsmoke, is completely broken. It offers medical coverage to some for ten times what other countries offer medical coverage for all.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        The American medical system, despite any improvements which you have noticed woodsmoke, is completely broken. It offers medical coverage to some for ten times what other countries offer medical coverage for all.
        Haven't you noticed, whatthefunk, that the whole country is broken?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X